“Excellent fresh food”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Excellent fresh food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Dada Kafe is a great spot for healthy, fresh food. The staff were pleasant and helpful, suggesting items off the huge menu, the portion sizes were perfect, the coffee was tasty and the food really fresh and light. They have a large selection of smoothies/fruit juices that all sound amazing.
We ordered a pita bread sandwich and added bacon/cheese. It came with a huge variety of salad inside, which was all fresh and not loaded with mayonnaise. We also ordered the Yahweh toast (tomato and avocado on wholegrain toast). The mango, passion fruit and pineapple shake was a highlight. 445b for 3 drinks and 2 meals - great value! Would definitely return.

• Visited May 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chiang Mai
“Decent food, indifferent staff”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

As a resident of Chiang Mai for 4 years, I've eaten at Dada Kafe many times. I actually stopped eating there a few years ago because the service was so bad. My girlfriend and I were in the neighborhood recently and I decided to give it another chance.

Unfortunately, my reasons for scratching Dada Kafe off of my CM restauant rotation we re-affirmed. The waitstaff is quite rude. We weren't greeted at all upon entry, just given a befuddled stare. When we ordered, my girlfriend wanted to make sure she ordered her eggs correctly, and the waitstaff made a smart-alecky remark to her in return.

The food itself is decent: plenty of fresh veggies and tasty, healthy smoothies. However, the overall taste of their dishes is bland and definitely not worth the price. When you couple this with the service, it makes this place a miss.

There are so many places in Chiang Mai to eat (even fresh vegetarian/organic) you'd be best to do a little research and find one where they actually care about their quality of customer service. This will be the last time I give Dada Kafe a try.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank chiangmaihoosier
Ashmore, Australia
“Just What I Felt Like”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had been out exploring the Old City by foot in the heat, we had been in Thailand for a week and had been eating local food the whole time so it was fair to say I was craving a "Healthy Hit".
I had a refreshing shake/juice - Lemon,Mint,Honey & Soda, sounds odd but it was great, then I ordered a salad sandwich with chicken, OMG it was huge and fresh and tasty. My hubby had Spring Rolls and a Coke and he was happy too.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank BenamyGoldCoastQld
“reFRESHing”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This restaurant was much appreciated after traveling around Thailand. All ingredients were fresh and tasted as such. We visited multiple times during our 3 day stay in Chiang Mai. I highly recommend the freshly squeezed juices, and my friends LOVED the Peanut Butter Lover Smoothie!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank kcr0304
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and good ambiance”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

During my recent stay in Chiang Mai, I 'discovered' Dada kafe. It was quite crowded. However, it was not noisy. People were talking softly. I felt very good. I love to dine in a cordial atmosphere. I felt relaxed. On top of that instant feeling, I noted that the service was excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful. They might not be all smiling but they were all very attentive. That is important. The price was quite reasonable. How I liked the food? For me, this is a place for feeling better about myself after I have had too much junk food.

Visited March 2013