“Good food. Last location was better.”

Cat House Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 2,192 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Diner, Thai, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: When you come to Cat House Chiang Mai you are stepping into our home. You will find visitors from all over the world engaging in good conversations, laughter, and making connections all over a delicious meal. Many people find Cat House Chiang Mai on their travels and return again and again eating their way through the menu. If you are looking for an ordinary Thai restaurant and the typical dishes you find all over Chiang Mai you will NOT find it here. Cat House Chiang Mai is as unique as it's owner and you will understand what a treasure you have discovered once you take your first bite. Our food is inspired by the cuisines of the world and prepared fresh and to order. The menu is small and select because we believe in using fresh, seasonal ingredients and using them to create dishes with a consistently high level of quality. If you have a special dietary need we will work to meet your needs and hopefully exceed your expectations. And none of our food contains MSG. (NO MSG) See you soon!!
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The quality of the food is just as good as when Jackie had her last location but the pollution is worse here as the eating area is small and right on a soi. Still the soi is not incredibly busy so it isn't a big deal, it's just a big contrast to their last place but I'm guessing the rent on the last place was probably 5 times as much.

It would also be nicer if Jackie was around more as I think she raises the morale of her staff. As it is the staff are not surly but beginning to become quite apathetic to the customers which is not a good place to be, In any case for now this is still a great place to eat,.

1  Thank 153Sammy

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We've been to the Cat House three times now with varying experiences of the service.

The first time was an afternoon visit for a drink. We took a seat and were given a glass of water immediately and a menu. The waitress then stood over us with her order book while we chose. It would have been good to have been given just a little time to browse but we were happy with our (somewhat rushed) choice - a banana, mango and coconut smoothie. Delicious. We looked at the menu and decided that we'd return for an evening meal sometime.

The second visit was for the evening meal and again, we were given water and a menu but we weren't given a smile. We ordered our drinks and food and my meal arrived but not my husband's. This isn't unusual, so we waited ... and waited ... We noticed that 3 tables that arrived after us had been served their meals but still my husband's hadn't arrived. He asked the waitress when his meal would be ready but she didn't understand so just ignored him. Eventually, 15 minutes after I'd finished eating, he asked another member of staff and it appears that the waitress hadn't written down his order. We were in two minds whether or not to just leave it and go somewhere else for him to eat but as I'd enjoyed my meal so much, decided to stay there.

So, unperturbed, we went again as my husband wanted to try what I had the first time (fish and chips - extra special as the chips are freshly made and not the usual frozen variety). We ordered our meals, this time asking the waitress to read our order back to us. Again, not a cheery person but we'd got used to that.

THEN - Jacky arrived! She was like a ray of sunshine entering the room! I think she has the smiles and good nature that appear to have been denied to her staff. A beautiful lady with a permanent smile who took time to sit and talk to us and tell us about her business - how she uses organic ingredients, doesn't use palm oil to cook and doesn't own a microwave.

Will definitely be going back to The Cat House and finger crossed Jacky will be on duty!

1  Thank MizzTraveller
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food was very good. The portions were large and very filling. Wish we had found this place earlier in our stay; we definitely would have gone back. I highly recommend The Cat House for hungry travelers looking for a great meal.

1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Cat House is my go-to breakfast/brunch place in Chiang Mai. You can't beat the prices, food quality, and unique dishes. I recommend trying the Laos style sandwich or the curry burrito. Their fries are the cherry on top of the sundae - especially the sweet potato and zucchini with any of the tasty sauces.

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We happened to stumble upon The Cat House as we were staying nearby and fell in love. Had dinner there when we found it yesterday, today we had breakfast and dinner there. I was craving the nachos with chicken. Best nachos I've ever had. For breakfast we had omlette probably best omlette ever aswell. Menu is small but perfected.
Staff are extremely friendly with a smile.

We are going back again. There are lots of good places to eat in Chiang Mai but when you have found a place so good it'd hard to try other places.
Prices are so reasonable for what you get. Do yourself and your tastebuds a favour visit here.

1  Thank beena01