Lowest prices for your stay
$20
Free cancellation until 10/01/21
Priceline$16
Travelocity$20
Hurb$23
All reviews nice big pool small hotel walking distance gate songthaew
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2012

It was one month stay, the hotel staff welcomed us warmly, I was able to firmly fulfill the purpose of this trip.thankyou Tom! Ton! tom!stan! teep!&Elegant owner.Once I'm sorry the name is spelled wrong.Because it was not only heard in the ear... I go to again someday .
from Ayana

Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This hotel was perfectly OK, slightly above average. The nice tiles in lobby and staircase plus the large amount of pictures of the royal family give the "Changpuak" a local personality which is always better than the bland elegance of your standard business hotel. Staff is competent and friendly, the rooms are perfectly OK (hard mattresses and pillows, personally I like this, though). Free WiFi, no problem to leave the luggage in storage and no extra fee. The hotel is located about 5 minutes away from the North Gate, I recommend to check out the North Gate Jazz Coop - a club featuring interesting live music played by able musicians.
Only real criticism concerns the shower which I would have loved to be a bit hotter - no big issue though,

Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I booked this place because I wanted to be in a quiet location away from the christmas festivities and it received good reviews. However, I was disappointed. Its also tough to write this review because the lady who manages the hotel is so helpful and friendly and really does goes the extra mile.

Good points include:-
1. Quiet location (which is what i wanted for Christmas)
2. Tasty and well priced breakfast (not included in room rate)
3. Very tasty food available at the resturant.
4. Lovely pool (although I didnt get the time to use it)
5. Clean room
6. One computer with internet access available in lobby.
7. No international calling facilities available. However, the hotel manager was very helpful and arranged for me to make a skype call, free of charge!
This is probably the main reason why i feel guilty about highlighting the following issues that need improvement:-
1. Rooms are older than the pics on hotels.com reflect and decor is a bit dated and uncoordinated.
2. The bed is hard but the pillows are much worse. Its like trying to snuggle up on a brick. I couldnt get comfy and needed a massage to help with the neck strain.
3. The bathroom is odd. The bath area is raised and has a shower curtain. Water drains towards the toilet and basin. Im not sure the water unit works well because the shower remained luke warm to somewhat cold.
4. No hair dryer in room. This wouldnt normally bother me but after a luke warm to cold shower -I started feeling sorry for myself and really wanted to dry my hair before bedtime.

I really do wish the best for this hotel and hope they will improve the facilities.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank RS2010
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed here for about a week in December - I had originally booked two days but ended up staying longer. The location is good, about 500 meters North of the moat. It is about 200 meters from the bus station if you need to take a bus out of town. The hotel is set back about 50 meters from the road.

Pros: very clean, beautiful pool area, good customer service. They have a nice garden cafe for breakfast or just sit with a drink. Since it is set back from the road it is very quiet. The front desk was very helpful, although English skills were hit or miss. But you could always make yourself understood. The manager lived in the US for a while and spoke very good English.They had a little computer room with free use of a computer for the guests.

Cons: The shower was raised a bit so the water had a tendency to get on the bathroom floor. It also had it's own little water heater, and while the water was hot enough for me, I think you had to wait a bit if you want really really hot water.

This is probably the nicest $30US hotel I have ever stayed in. Very simple but nice and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed November 20, 2011

The Chang Phuak, or Peuk, or Puak (no-one seems quite sure how to spell it, even within the hotel!) is a great place to stay - quiet, tranquil, wonderful staff, good-sized rooms, beautiful garden setting, swimming pool, and away from the claustrophobic congestion of the old town - which takes only 10 minutes to reach on foot, but involves passing a great area of street food stalls. Not to mention the liveliest bar we found in town, the North Gate Jazz Club - go there for the jam session on Tuesday nights - awesome!

Date of stay: November 2011