Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Lanna Kingdom Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $48.55
from $32.00
from $64.73
More Info
All reviews mr pop elephant sanctuary day tour golden triangle long neck village tree house driver mr pad thai lunch mud bath white temple hidden temple thai culture private tour doi suthep excellent tour tour company highlight of our trip
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

Never really got the whole Elephant thing. For me it’s all about aviaries, I’ve been to hundreds during my lifespan. However when in Chiang Mai, going to see elephants is a ‘must do’ and having done some research online, these lads seemed a good fit.

Picked up promptly at 8am, it took around 90 minutes to get to the place after picking up other guests around the city. On arrival you are given clothing, hat and shoes which is a nice touch. The place has 5 female elephants (one baby) that are there to meet you on arrival. From that point onwards it’s pretty much a free for all for a couple of hours.

The beasts are a thing of beauty, totally tranquil around humans and happy to accept food, water, hugs and kisses. I saw one fellow guest lick ones trunk which I thought was a bit weird.

The park itself is small but after walking with the elephants into a little stream, sharing a mud bath and washing the elephants, you get plenty of time to immerse yourself.

About halfway through you make a small banana, sugar cane and tarragon ball to help the elephants defecate. As we mushed the ingredients together, I realised I still had half an ounce of weed that I wouldn’t have time to smoke before my flight that night. I also had a fair bit of angel dust I had bought the night before. So in it all went into my mixture.

The guide was a humorous fella, plenty of poo, bum, willy jokes and to be fair the elephants do drop dung every ten minutes. He is supported by 4/5 young and extremely camp boys who take care of the animals 24/7. I looked on as the lads bathed in the mud with the beasts, frolicking around with each other, smearing themselves in mud which reminded me of the infamous 2016 SCATCON in Wroclaw.

The morning is finished with a lovely handmade pad Thai. The guide knows his onions when it comes to elephants and was happy to answer my questions about private elephant ownership and whether or not he was able to get me one. As we drove away I noticed the elephant I fed my food to heading towards the paddy field adjacent to the park, completely off piste. I smirked to myself happy in the knowledge that my stuff had not gone to waste.

The elephants here are rescued and live a wonderful life. Cared for by dedicated professionals and care free young boys. I highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank MalvinasMan
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Half day well spent visiting an ethical elephant sanctuary and learning about the five rescued elephants there without riding them. The chance to do elephants Mud spa and bath with elephant in the river was precious and unique!! One of the best experiences I’ve ever had!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

I got to visit this wonderful spot while on my trip to Thailand. The staff was so kind and we got to learn a lot about the 5 elephants on their property. It was important for me to see elephants in a way that wasn’t harmful to these majestic creatures. Lanna made that possible for me. I would 100% recommend this place to others and would come back again.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We had such a great time at Lanna Kingdom today. Absolutely what we thought it would be and more. There is a reason this is so highly rated on Tripadvisor as it’s very slick and really good value for money. The elephants are in a very calm and supportive surroundings with plenty of food and time to roam about. They provide you with everything you need but I would wear a bathing suit under your clothes and then take a change of clothes for afterwards.
First you feed the elephant and the mahout (elephant guardians) will take a million photos of you with your camera. There is at least one mahout per elephant and with only 10 people on our tour and five elephants you get loads of time with these beautiful animals.
Next you get to walk with them and then get in a mud bath with them. This is really fun and incredibly dirty but just so magical. After the mud bath it’s over to the fresh water to wash off the mud and give them a good scrub down. Be prepared you will get completely wet and muddy but you have to do it as it’s part of the magic.
Finally you go back to the start where you can have a private refreshing cold shower and get changed before a lovely lunch of Pad Thai and fruit.
These elephants have all been saved from either the logging industry or in the case of the baby from the circus. They now love a pretty cruisy life with people who really adore them. I was lucky enough to give an extra long drink from the hose to one of the elephants after lunch and she rumbled a deep and low hum the entire time. I think she appreciated the drink.
I would highly recommend this tour (especially if you have kids the mahout love the kids and will take extra care with them too).

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We visited the sanctuary of elephants with our guide alex

Pink up from the hotel then you arrive, change your clothes and start the unique experience

You feed elephants with big vegetables, then with bananas. After that you have a little walk with them before cooking for them a kind of meal  with sugar bananas and tamarind then you put this into their mouth

They are delicate and nothing is dangerous

After you enter in the water with them and cover them with mud they appreciate.

After you change water and clean and brush them.

So when you are wet and mud you  can have a shower before eating somenthing typical and bring you to the hotel.

It was fantastic and amazing they explained you all and also the importante to give an offer to maintain them in their natural habitat and not like in circus or for riding them.

Tutto alla grande e ben organizzato dal prelievo in hotel fino al pranzo offerto. Si passa del tempo con loro gli si dà mangiare, si passeggia con loro, li si lava e li si infanga ma non si è obbligati intanto la guida alex t fa le foto
Poi ti togli gli indumenti che t hanno dato fai la doccia e pranzi prima di essere riportato in hotel.
Esperienza unica