Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
A wonderful day

We as a family with 3 children 10, 12, 15 have visited a few elephant sanctuaries in our time. This... read more

Reviewed August 6, 2020
X6032RNdavidl
London, United Kingdom
Amazing Experience in a Paradise

It was a sensational experience! Alex our guide pick us up by our hotel and brought us to this... read more

Reviewed May 27, 2020

from $69.45
from $59.03
from $59.03
1,509 results
All reviews mr pop elephant sanctuary tour guide great guide amazing experience once in a lifetime elephants culture wash rescue
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

I booked a tour with lanna kingdom tours by phone and was picked up at our resort the next morning with a very good looking van. A local, who spoke english very good, took us to a food market which you wouldnt visit otherwise as a tourist. Then we went jungle trekking and had a raft tour. It wasnt really white rafting but it was nice to chill on the river. Then we went to the elephant sanctuary where we we're welcomed by mr. Pop himself and a great meal! We've had a very nice time with the elephants washing them and feeding them and the staff was very kind and elephant friendly. At the end we were brought back to our resort. Drinks and food for the day are taken care of by the nice staff. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank jitsedekker
Reviewed July 24, 2016

We travel all over the world and this tour was one of the best. I want to do it again next day. So glad we decided to pay a little bit more for private tour instead of group tour with other company. Mr pop (owner) of this company responses very quickly for any questions so even I booked this tour 2 days before I felt I could trust him and everything will be smooth. Our tour guide Mr Arm and driver Mr A were very nice people, Mr Arm is from Chiang mai and very knowledgeable and passionate. Our driver was gentle and kind also. We did tour of 2 temples which were the best I have seen in Thailand in my opinion and spent afternoon with 3 Elephants. Mr pop owns the land and rescued elephants from circus. The land is beautiful and peaceful. You feed and wash them. You also do a mud bath with elephants. There are 3-4 guys who handle elephants and help you. Don't worry about bringing your camera because your guide and driver will take lots of pictures and give you a CD at the end. You do get wet and dirty and you just can't worry about it. Just have fun because this is pretty much the only opportunity to be able to do this. Don't forget to bring another underwear unless you're going to wear swimsuite under the clothes they provide. Don't even put make up on because you'll be muddy and dirty. Nobody rush us or anything but I wish I could spend more time with them just doing nothing in beautiful atmosphere. At first I was a little scared because I've never been that close to elephants but after spending 2 hours you get used to it and attatched and just don't want to leave. Also I wanted to know more about the people who live and work there also. I do recommend the tour I did including going to temples. Even we have seen so many temples already in Bangkok and Chiang mai and I was afraid it'll be the same things again but actually very different especially my favorite hidden temple (wat pha lat ). Anyway I'd like to thank guys who take care of elephants and guided us they're pretty much behind the scene hard workers who make this happen without problems. Of course our amazing guide Mr Arm and driver Mr A who are very genuine and also owner Mr Pop for smooth transaction. I know there're so many tours in Chiang mai but you'll not regret going with lannakingdomtours because of caring staff.

2  Thank junechild
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Would thoroughly recommend this tour to anyone. Very attentive, strong guides with excellent English. What strode out was how much they care for the elephants - they were very knowledgable and always on hand to answer any questions. Brilliant value. Not to be missed.

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

We booked the elephant sanctuary half day trip with Lannan Kingdom tours. It contains no riding but a day cuddling with the elephants. It is a wonderful opportunity to see these amazing creatures up close. There are three elephants on the farm. Including a little two year old that they rescued. You get to pet, feed and bathe with them which is amazing. However I do have my doubts about the animal friendliness. Even though the animals where treated well En looked well fed. A lot of the time the trainers were making the elephants pose with us for the pictures by tugging there ears and such. One of the elephant did not want to take a mud bath and they tried to get her in, when she still hesitated they let her be though. In short an amazing experience but it would be more animal friendly to spot them in the wild.

2  Thank W1e5
LannaKingdomTours, Owner at Lanna Kingdom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2016

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for the great review for us and i am deeply appreciated:-)

At our elephant sanctuary, right now we rescued three elephant already but we will try to rescues more as much as we can but we have to see our budget first because to rescues one elephant is cost a lot of money...We don't use bullhook and chain at our elephant sanctuary, so some time we have to grab their ear to tell them to stop. we want to be safety for our clients at the sanctuary as the elephant is the biggest animal ( on the land )

Anyhow, we hope to see you again at our sanctuary and come to join us to take care of elephants. We, Lanna Kingdom Team love and respect elephant!!

Many thanks again and have a great day for you.

Sincerely,,

Mr. Pop
hot line : +66 87 5805292

Reviewed July 22, 2016

Best life experience ,, from the time Arm picked us up from our hotel (in his elephant hat :0) ) to the time he dropped us off. He forever changed my life giving me/us the ultimate experience of a lifetime.
We did a private tour,, way to go for sure..
forever grateful ,, they treat the elephants so well. They live in an open paradise ..
ATV's were muddy and a blast--
white water rafting was so much fun, saw a baby elephant bathing himself on our way down the river.
Then when we were done w the ride they had a DELICIOUS lunch waiting for us. YUMM
Next up was the main reason I came to Thailand... a bucket list dream... Riding a elephant bareback... most memorable experience of my life ... We crossed a river,, trekked for a lil while (about a 30-40 min ride) bathed him (Maroi was our elephants name)
Lastly was zip lining ,, the guides were AWESOME ,,

FOREVER GRATEFUL FOR ARM (TOURGUIDE) , AND EVERYONE WHO MAKES THIS MAGICAL DAY HAPPEN.

I WILL B BACK