Open today: 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Review Highlights
Morning cooking class

We had a really fun day with Basil cooking school. Everything was organised perfectly, the kitchen... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
hannahfitchgoodwin
Cornwall, United Kingdom
via mobile
Best cooking school in Thailand!

From the moment we were picked up from our hotel, we knew it was going to be a good day. We were... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
georgia_1908
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Chiang Mai
from $58.00
from $105.00
from $131.70
More Info
All reviews the kitchen at home recipe book cooking class local market small class size cookery school six courses evening class thai food curry paste fresh ingredients market tour great teacher individual attention learn how amazing food
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We absolutely loved the class. Max 8 participants but we were only 5. Film, the cook, is very sweet and enthusiastic (and not unimportant: very good english). We started with a short trip to the market where she thought us the difference between some of the spices we were going to use. She has a cute small (and clean) kitchen and works very organised, everything is set ready for you to start cooking. We made 6 dishes (you can always choose between 3 options). All of it was actually really tasty. My favourites were the tom yum soup and shrimp in tamarind sauce. I recommend to take the afternoon class as you really eat a lot. Afterwards you get a small book containing the recipes. Really fun and tasty!

Reviewed November 3, 2018

I rarely write reviews unless something is so memorable it stops me in my tracks and I'm still thinking about it days later.

The cooking class at Basil Cookery School run by the teacher Film is just that. A FANTASTIC experience that has stuck in my mind days later. So much so that if I had more days in Chiang Mai I would do it again.

We (3 of us) did the evening tour. It was only 4 people so it made for an incredibly intimate setting.

It starts with a 30 minute visit to a local market as Film explained to us all the ingredients that we would be using. She gave us 10 minutes to buy cooking packages at the market.

After the market their driver takes you to the kitchen which feels more like a home rather than a class setting. You cook 6 dishes so come hungry.

But the highlight to this tour is the instructor. She was warm, funny, energetic, patient, and really connected well with our group. The whole 4 hour class was filled with laughter thanks to her. It was a highlight of my time in Thailand and in Asia period.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Very small class, lots of individual attention and a great teacher. Very knowledgeable and friendly. We had a blast!

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

This cooking class was perfectly organized. We first went to the market with our guide/chef who was kind, sweet, funny and very knowledgeable. She also made it easy for my girlfriend to switch for vegetarian versions. No need to be particularly good at cooking to enjoy this class. The meals were delicious and the recipes very interesting without being overly complicated. In the end, we left with the cookbook of all the meals. We don’t even have any negative feedback to give this school.

Reviewed October 23, 2018

I had a wonderful day cooking some delicious Thai food. Film was an excellent teacher and really taught us about ingredients and traditional cooking techniques. I did the class with my daughter (8) who they allowed to join me at a cooking station for no extra charge. They were very kind and patient with her. We made curry paste from scratch with a mortar and pestle. We even made our own coconut milk by kneading a bag of fresh grated coconut into warm water. What an experience!! They send each person home with a cookbook so even if you didn't make every meal , you can try it at home. I would hightly recommend this place.

Date of experience: October 2018