“An amazing experience”

Book In Advance
More Info
$44.97*
and up
Elephant's Heaven: Half-Day Elephant Experience at Baanchang Elephant Park in...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Baanchang Elephant Park: Is dedicated to providing elephants with the highest quality-of-life possible.Our elephant park run by 100 % Thai Owner. Our Park completely owned and rescued 39 Elephants. The program will provide you the wonderful introductions to the lifestyle of Thai elephants including all details involved about them, also you can learn how to control and bath the elephants as if you are a Mahout. By the way, you will be able to ride elephants bareback through the hills around in our park area.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“An amazing experience”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Baanchang is, in my opinion better than Patara elephant camp, even though this is less well-known. Location is perfect, out in the jungle, and the place has several packages to suit your needs.

The elephants are well-looked after (My girlfriend is keen on animal welfare, which is one of the reasons we picked this elephant camp). The guides speak fluent English, and upload pictures of their visitors to facebook. The guides and mahouts seem to be very enthusiastic with their jobs, which is important to making you feel welcome.

Prices are much more understandable than Patara, and it all goes towards the wellbeing of these elephants. You get to feed, ride, and bath the elephants. One elephant per one or two people, you get to keep the same one for the day and really build a connection with them.

Would recommend to all tourists.

Visited March 2014

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was a great experience and a "must do" if you are in the area. And most important, it seemed that the animals have a really good live there and were treated very well.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I researched all of the elephant places in Chiang Mai thoroughly to hopefully get the most ethical experience while still being able to interact with the elephants and I think it's safe to say I made the right choice.
Our guide was absolutely amazing and so knowledgable. Yes the elephants were chained up and the mahouts had the hooks on them but our guide gave very valid reasons for both these things. I never saw a mahout having to use the hooks while I was there.
It was an awesome experience being able to interact with these creatures. I would definitely recommend baanchang after the research I Di on the other parks around the area.

Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Favorite part of my trip”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Baanchang was so much fun! They seem like happy elephants that are well taken care of. We got to feed them first and then were trained on riding commands and how to ride bareback. Following lunch we got to ride in a couple loops around the park. (Unfortunately, regulations won't let them ride into the jungle surrounding the park.) Then we got to bathe the elephants in the water. I even got an elephant "kiss." Aof was an excellent guide!

If you're debating getting your own elephant or sharing, I recommend getting your own. Although you can ride at the same time as your partner, others in our group said that it was not comfortable riding in the back.

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much fun ! Loved it !”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

One of the best experiences in my life. Definitely something to do while in Thailand.
We got to feed, ride and wash the elephants.
People were really nice too and the food was good.