“A Must do! experience”

Book In Advance
More Info
$44.79*
and up
Elephant's Heaven: Half-Day Elephant Experience at Baanchang Elephant Park in...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Baanchang Elephant Park: Is dedicated to providing elephants with the highest quality-of-life possible.Our elephant park run by 100 % Thai Owner. Our Park completely owned and rescued 39 Elephants. The program will provide you the wonderful introductions to the lifestyle of Thai elephants including all details involved about them, also you can learn how to control and bath the elephants as if you are a Mahout. By the way, you will be able to ride elephants bareback through the hills around in our park area.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Must do! experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

"Baan means home and Chang means elephant," says Tum during one of his many entertaining and educational discussions he has with us throughout the day. Tum continues and tells us the words to direct the elephants and then we hop on and do it. He's there the whole time to make sure everythings cool and snap pictures while you adventure into the outer rim of the baanchang property. Tons of food at lunch and plenty of drinking water provided, so stay hydrated!

Visited December 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“A Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Baanchang was great! My husband and I both agreed this was one of the best things we did during our two week trip to Thailand. Our guide was excellent and shared a lot of information about the elephants, their background, and about how the park cares for the elephants. He also took a ton of great pictures with my camera and held onto it for safekeeping while we rode through the jungle, which I really appreciated.

You get a lot of interaction with the elephants including feeding them, riding them, and bathing them. The day ended with a great lunch prepared by staff. I highly recommend spending a day at Baanchang!

Visited December 2012
Ko Samui, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A brilliant day... Don't miss out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had a fantastic day at the elephant park. We wanted to book a park were we coud see the elephants in their natural environment, not kicking silly footballs and painting pictures. This was perfect.
We were picked up from our hotel in an air conditioned minibus, very comfortable. There was a group of eight eventually and it took about 1 hour to travel from the centre of chiang mai to the park.
Our guide was called Puza, who immediately remembered all our names, I have to say this impressed me.
Once we arrived we were provided with a change of clothes and then we were given some interesting facts and info about the elephants and the park. We spent some time feeding the elephants sugar cane and bananas , which was supplied by the park. This was great fun and you saw how cheeky they can be.
Afterwards we learntsome basic commands , then learnt how to get on and off an elephant ( on was interesting!) each elephant has his own mahout ( carer) that spends 12 hours a day with them. It was lovely to see the relationship between them.
We were supplied with a big and tasty lunch, there s plenty of bottled water or tea and coffee available all day.
After lunch we went on a trek for an hour throu the jungle on our elephant... What fun. So peaceful.
Then we took them down to the pool and gave them a bath, a water fight started with the younger elephant, so we were all soaked... What a laugh.
We were able to have a shower and change back into our our own clothes, we were supplied with a towel.
Our guide helpfully took pictures for us all day.
Don't miss this opportunity to spend a fantastic day with these beautiful animals.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Joe H
Milford on Sea, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a way to spend a day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a day today that I can only describe as amazing, from start to finish it was a pleasure to be around these gracious animals. Our guide was called Puza and he was extremely knowledgable and answered every question that was fired at him. We first got changed into suitable clothing that was supplied by the camp then given some do's and don'ts and then straight into feeding the Elephants which is something that will be with me for the rest of my life.We were taught how to get on and off an Elephant some voice commands a good lunch and then off on an hours trek, my girlfriend and I shared an Elephant but wished we hadn't because I feel we missed out on a great experience so next time one each.
10 people riding 8 Elephants plus Mahoots trekking through the Jungle and you could hardly hear a sound, it was so peaceful, I can't recommend this adventure enough.

2 Thank Michael R
Santa Monica
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“you haven't lived until you've given an elephant a bath”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a private tour with Woody, who we really liked. The Four Seasons Chiang Mai set it up, so I don't know what package it was. This is the place to go to if you are interested in a more humane and natural animal experience, as opposed to the places that are not elephant rescues. There are no animals doing tricks, etc, here. I loved feeding the elephants, and even riding one through the jungle preserve by their land, but the best part of course is giving your elephant a bath. Anyway, you can tell by the reviews, this was the best thing we did in Chiang Mai. This and Doi Suthep. Five stars all around.

Visited January 2013