“Aaaaaaaah! YES!”

Green Bamboo Massage
Ranked #10 of 216 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Bamboo Massage is a typical, cozy Thai Massage Hut, located in a small side street inside the moat of Chiang Mai, with a focus on Lanna Thai Treatments and true Lanna Thai hospitality. As we have a small entrance, please make sure you really catch our entrance, it's located in the house with the Geen Bamboo Massage sign on the roof.
Baton Rouge, La.
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Aaaaaaaah! YES!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

After 2 weeks in Thailand we landed in Chiang Mai with a massage "addiction." After trying a few studios in our hotel area, we read Trip Advisor and found Green Bamboo. Here you need to make an appointment which speaks volumns because there are at least 20 walk-in massage studios within 6 blocks.

Green Bamboo is an eco-friendly operation and it's constructed of what else? Bamboo! It feels more like a hut in the woods than a studio in a city. Yes, it's a bit warm/hot but the massage room has a small a/c unit and your Thai masseuse is so talented that your muscles and brain will soon forget that your face melted off just getting there. I had neck pain & my husband had hip pain. The ladies began the massage, as usual from the legs up but then focused on our different areas of concern. It wasn't one massage fits all. My husband was so impressed that he squeezed 3 sessions into his last day there and flew home with NO hip pain! (a 32 hr trip)

No need to search Chiang Mai for a good massage via trial and error. Just go directly to Green Bamboo your first day in town because you'll want to go daily after that.

Visited April 2014

60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Great Massage”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife & I visited Green Bamboo just before the start of Songkran this year. The staff were friendly & listened to what we wanted & then the owner decided who would perform our requested massages.

The place is small & cosy & the massage was great. I left feeling much better & just wanted to sleep.

The only down side was that Green Bamboo closed down over Songkran & didn't open up again until after my wife & I had left Chiang Mai so we weren't able to go back again.

This is a well run friendly place & the quality of the massage was great. Well worth finding in the little back street if you are visiting Chiang Mai.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank NawtyStupot
Denver, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“What hidden gem!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

What a gem of a place for a massage! It is located on Mun Muang Rd Soi 1 right off of the outer road (Mun Muang Rd) in Old City Chiang Mai. The place is really tiny with only two, may be three rooms able to accommodate four to six people at a time. The price is average but the service you receive is outstanding. Worth way more than what they charge! I had the Thai Royal Massage, which is a Thai massage that targets a specific part of your body. I had them work on my back and shoulders. Fantastic!!! My girlfriend had the Thai Yoga Massage, which is different from your traditional Thai massage in that they do more stretching rather than applying pressure to your pressure points located through out your body. She loved it!!! She said it was nice not having your body contorted into a human pretzel. You know what I’m talking about if you’ve had the traditional Thai massage. ☺ We loved this place so much we went back two days later.

Btw, after you are done with your massage, we recommend you go over to Mai Phai Bar. It is a bar that serves not only adult beverages but healthy organic herbal shakes. It is located a close three minute walk from Green Bamboo Massage. When you come out of Green Bamboo, turn right and follow the road. The road snake around to the right, you will pass Dash Restaurant (highly recommended!) on the left and straight ahead for another 100 feet or so and it will be on your left. Don’t blink, you’ll miss it! It’s a small bar with about a dozen seats. The owner Clive is originally from Jamaica and learned all about herbs from his grandmother. He is a really nice guy with a wealth of knowledge about the different herbs. An herbal shake after your massage totally complements your whole experience!!!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Snoopy5280
Salt Lake City, Utah
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We found this spot on tripadvisor and walked there to schedule massages during our 3-day Chiang Mai stay. We were pleased when we arrived to be told that we could have them immediately/no appointment necessary! My husband and I each selected the 1-hour back/neck/shoulder Thai massage. We were blown away! It was so relaxing and really relieved a great deal of tension. The room was air conditioned with lovely, relaxing music on. Staff were very professional and certainly earned their gratuity, which they were very appreciative for. Massage was followed by hot tea. If/when I'm in Chiang Mai, I'd return again in a heartbeat. Go and enjoy!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Anne H
kuwait
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“one of the best spa in chiang mai”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

you have to make Reservation before you go -
the massage girl is so professional ( this is a real massage )
the place of the spa is not so good you can hear some kids playing -
their is no safety box -
i can recommend this spa

Visited March 2014