“What hidden gem!”

Green Bamboo Massage
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Bamboo Massage is a typical, cozy Thai Massage Hut, located in a small side street inside the moat of Chiang Mai, with a focus on Lanna Thai Treatments and true Lanna Thai hospitality. As we have a small entrance, please make sure you really catch our entrance, it's located in the house with the Geen Bamboo Massage sign on the roof.
Denver, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“What hidden gem!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

What a gem of a place for a massage! It is located on Mun Muang Rd Soi 1 right off of the outer road (Mun Muang Rd) in Old City Chiang Mai. The place is really tiny with only two, may be three rooms able to accommodate four to six people at a time. The price is average but the service you receive is outstanding. Worth way more than what they charge! I had the Thai Royal Massage, which is a Thai massage that targets a specific part of your body. I had them work on my back and shoulders. Fantastic!!! My girlfriend had the Thai Yoga Massage, which is different from your traditional Thai massage in that they do more stretching rather than applying pressure to your pressure points located through out your body. She loved it!!! She said it was nice not having your body contorted into a human pretzel. You know what I’m talking about if you’ve had the traditional Thai massage. ☺ We loved this place so much we went back two days later.

Btw, after you are done with your massage, we recommend you go over to Mai Phai Bar. It is a bar that serves not only adult beverages but healthy organic herbal shakes. It is located a close three minute walk from Green Bamboo Massage. When you come out of Green Bamboo, turn right and follow the road. The road snake around to the right, you will pass Dash Restaurant (highly recommended!) on the left and straight ahead for another 100 feet or so and it will be on your left. Don’t blink, you’ll miss it! It’s a small bar with about a dozen seats. The owner Clive is originally from Jamaica and learned all about herbs from his grandmother. He is a really nice guy with a wealth of knowledge about the different herbs. An herbal shake after your massage totally complements your whole experience!!!

Visited March 2014

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We found this spot on tripadvisor and walked there to schedule massages during our 3-day Chiang Mai stay. We were pleased when we arrived to be told that we could have them immediately/no appointment necessary! My husband and I each selected the 1-hour back/neck/shoulder Thai massage. We were blown away! It was so relaxing and really relieved a great deal of tension. The room was air conditioned with lovely, relaxing music on. Staff were very professional and certainly earned their gratuity, which they were very appreciative for. Massage was followed by hot tea. If/when I'm in Chiang Mai, I'd return again in a heartbeat. Go and enjoy!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Anne H
kuwait
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“one of the best spa in chiang mai”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

you have to make Reservation before you go -
the massage girl is so professional ( this is a real massage )
the place of the spa is not so good you can hear some kids playing -
their is no safety box -
i can recommend this spa

Visited March 2014
Brooksville, Florida, Usa
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good experience! ”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The people at Green Bamboo were welcoming and my massage was very relaxing. I had a foot massage for half hour and a back neck massage for the next half hour. The only thing that made me uncomfortable was that when they flipyou over to massage your back their massage beds do not have the donut holes for the face that the massage beds in the US have..so I found that position to be hard on my neck. Otherwise the environment is clean and pleasant.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

The massage was professional, skilled and intuitive. The setting is cool and quiet, with linen draped from the bamboo covered walls and ceiling. It sets a very high standard, at a very affordable price.

3 Thank Ross H