“Fantastic experience!”

Green Bamboo Massage
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Bamboo Massage is a typical, cozy Thai Massage Hut, located in a small side street inside the moat of Chiang Mai, with a focus on Lanna Thai Treatments and true Lanna Thai hospitality. As we have a small entrance, please make sure you really catch our entrance, it's located in the house with the wooden white and green "Green Bamboo Massage" sign over the small entrance with the little wooden doors.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Green Bamboo is a little massage place focused on technique, flow, and most importantly, your needs. Seriously, the staff here is EXACTLY what most places need: professionalism and a smile. We often overlook these things when we go to a massage place, but the entire experience made me want to return. Sadly, I had to catch a train the next day, but if I had gone to this place sooner, I'd exclusively come here.

If you read all of the reviews here, they're all accurate. I made an appointment online (highly recommended), showed up, and entered nirvana for the next 1.5 hours. At the time, I had around 2-3 Thai massages in Bangkok, and while those were excellent, the one I received was orders of magnitude better. I had the traditional Thai and head massage (two separate ones).

An important thing to note is that the therapists are all professionally trained. You'll see that when you walk in: a full wall of certificates and diplomas on the wall. I have yet to see another place proudly display their qualifications.

Oh, and the best part: they're really cheap. Seriously. Forget all those other massage places that try to lure you in, just go here. Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Green Bamboo Massage

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was recommended Green Bamboo by a friend and it didn't disappoint. It's easy to find, there is a small entrance, but this shouldn't put you off venturing inside. I found it very welcoming, clean and professional. The environment is very cozy, nothing like a western spa, and the service is very friendly. I had a Thai massage at a local 5* hotel and pound for pound this was a great value. I wish I had found it earlier, I'd have gone back every day.

2  Thank KJW2512
mesa999, Owner at Green Bamboo Massage, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for telling the tripadvisor communtiy about Green Bamboo Massage.
My team and I are very glad to read that you liked our service. In our small and cosy studio, we have a strong focus on Traditional Thai Culture, Customs and Hospitality and we are happy that
you had a great experience here.
Wishing you a pleasent stay in Thailand,

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Visited here on more then 1 occasion. Very good massages, very professional, good ambiance (quiet) and very friendly staff, and the price wont hurt your wallet!

Better massages then you get in 5 star hotels, at a fraction of the price.

Very unassuming location and entrance, nice bamboo style massage rooms and interior.

Highly recommended!

5  Thank cominatcha

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for visiting us many times and writing a review about us. It`s very nice that you liked our cozy studio.
We are very glad that you had a good time here.
Have a pleasent stay in Thailand and a save trip,

Reviewed January 3, 2013

From the outside this unassuming little spa looks like many others in Chiang Mai and the interior is basic and functional. What struck me, however, was a line-up of diplomas on the wall near the entry. This is a legitimate place with very skilled masseuses. All work is done on the floor, which appeared stressful for the ladies to me, but that's how they do it. My wife had a facial - on the floor.
I had scrub and oil massages. Scrub felt like being sanded down with sandpaper, but that's the point: exfoliation. The oil massage was firm but surprisingly relaxing. I was on the edge of consciousness througout, nearly dozing off a half dozen times; the perfect combination of beneficial pressure and relaxation. Never experienced that before, even at 7 times the price at 5 star hotels. As some reviewers habe noted, there is no direct correlation between the quality of a massage and price. Green bamboo has no slick flyers or silk covered walls; just very good professional masseuses who provide high quality massages at surprisingly low prices.

5  Thank DCtraveller00

Dear Guest,
thank you so much for writing such a detailed and long review about us. You spend a lot of free time only for us. That is very very kind of you.
We love to transport Lanna Thai Culture and Hospitality. That´s why we give treatments on the floor mat. The 2500 years old techniques of northern Thai Massage are given in this way and it is even more convenient for our therapists too. I am very happy to read that my therapists used the right pressure because it is very difficult to do so. As Traditional Thai massage is a very individual process, some persons need stronger pressure and other persons need softer pressure.
And the therapists are individuals too.
We were more than glad to read your nice article and thank you very much for telling the tripadvisor community about our small, family run studio.
If you and your wife come back to Chiang Mai, we would be more than happy to host host you again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Massage, massage everywhere!!!! We finally decided for this place, small scale, nicely decorated place, very clean and attentive. They listen to your explanation and suggest a few things and let you decide yourself while looking at their pricelist. They never tried to sell a more expensive treatment and we went there 4 times!. She even told me I would be better off with less expensive creams (for my skin!) than the more expensive they make themselves.
We were very pleased we made the right decision and can highly recommend this place! Ask for A she's very good!

7  Thank mikLangdorp

Dear Guest,
yes you are right, Chiang Mai is a melting pot for Thai massage. You can find from high class spa
to small and family run studios, like ours and I guess we all give our best every day. Thank you so much for realizing what we focus. My team and I are very glad that you liked Green Bamboo Massage Style. It is very kind of you to take your free time only to write about us.
We wish you all the best,