“Absolute gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Green Bamboo Massage

Green Bamboo Massage
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Bamboo Massage is a typical, cozy Thai Massage Hut, located in a small side street inside the moat of Chiang Mai, with a focus on Lanna Thai Treatments and true Lanna Thai hospitality. As we have a small entrance, please make sure you really catch our entrance, it's located in the house with the Geen Bamboo Massage sign on the roof.
Washington DC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Absolute gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

From the outside this unassuming little spa looks like many others in Chiang Mai and the interior is basic and functional. What struck me, however, was a line-up of diplomas on the wall near the entry. This is a legitimate place with very skilled masseuses. All work is done on the floor, which appeared stressful for the ladies to me, but that's how they do it. My wife had a facial - on the floor.
I had scrub and oil massages. Scrub felt like being sanded down with sandpaper, but that's the point: exfoliation. The oil massage was firm but surprisingly relaxing. I was on the edge of consciousness througout, nearly dozing off a half dozen times; the perfect combination of beneficial pressure and relaxation. Never experienced that before, even at 7 times the price at 5 star hotels. As some reviewers habe noted, there is no direct correlation between the quality of a massage and price. Green bamboo has no slick flyers or silk covered walls; just very good professional masseuses who provide high quality massages at surprisingly low prices.

Visited January 2013
5 Thank DCtraveller00
mesa999, Owner at Green Bamboo Massage, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you so much for writing such a detailed and long review about us. You spend a lot of free time only for us. That is very very kind of you.
We love to transport Lanna Thai Culture and Hospitality. That´s why we give treatments on the floor mat. The 2500 years old techniques of northern Thai Massage are given in this way and it is even more convenient for our therapists too. I am very happy to read that my therapists used the right pressure because it is very difficult to do so. As Traditional Thai massage is a very individual process, some persons need stronger pressure and other persons need softer pressure.
And the therapists are individuals too.
We were more than glad to read your nice article and thank you very much for telling the tripadvisor community about our small, family run studio.
If you and your wife come back to Chiang Mai, we would be more than happy to host host you again.
Kind regards,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
langdorp
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Nice little clean place with extremely friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Massage, massage everywhere!!!! We finally decided for this place, small scale, nicely decorated place, very clean and attentive. They listen to your explanation and suggest a few things and let you decide yourself while looking at their pricelist. They never tried to sell a more expensive treatment and we went there 4 times!. She even told me I would be better off with less expensive creams (for my skin!) than the more expensive they make themselves.
We were very pleased we made the right decision and can highly recommend this place! Ask for A she's very good!

7 Thank mikLangdorp
Dear Guest,
yes you are right, Chiang Mai is a melting pot for Thai massage. You can find from high class spa
to small and family run studios, like ours and I guess we all give our best every day. Thank you so much for realizing what we focus. My team and I are very glad that you liked Green Bamboo Massage Style. It is very kind of you to take your free time only to write about us.
We wish you all the best,
Hawi, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best massage, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We both love massage and have a professional background as bodyworkers ourselves. We experienced many different locations in Chiang Mai for Thai massage, and are now dedicated clients of the Green Bamboo Massage. Our massage therapists are very skilled and friendly, create a meditative space in a charming and clean environment, and it is a great value! All organic products.
What a hidden treasure.
Elaine & Peter from Hawi, Hawaii

2 Thank MumuChristianson
Dear Guests,
thank you so much for calling our unique and small massage studio a hidden treasure.
That is very kind of you.
We were so happy to read your opinion about us, especially because you are bodyworkers. Everybody who visits us comes with high expectations and we try to give our best every day to offer perfect service. We love to host people from all over the world and transport Lanna Thai Hospitality and Culture.
Thank you for visitng our family run studio several times and using so much time only to write about us.
Wishing you all the best,
Sasebo, Japan
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Professional, quaint, cozy, excellent service & massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were recommend here by the owner of Dash Restaurant just down the street. They were full that evening so we made recommendations for the next evening. Great deal of 350 Bht for the 1.5-2 hour trekker massage (feet and full body oil massage). Both my mom and I were very pleased from the moment we entered (foot bath, cold drinking water, option to shower first) to when we left (many thank yous even from the 2-year-old in English!). Mae and her staff were very professional and confirmed our massage choices before starting. There are two rooms, one with 2 mats on the floor, another with 3 (more like beds/futons on the ground). It was chilly in there, but my mom thought the temperature was perfect so it just depends on what you prefer (there is aircon though). This was the best place of the 3 in Chaing Mai that we visited; also a great deal compared to the others! Thank you!

3 Thank EarthNatureGirl
Dear Guest,
we have to say "thank you" to you. It is very kind that you visited us and wrote such a nice review about our unique studio. I am very sorry that I couldn`t host you the first time you came, because we were so busy. We offer treatments on the futon, because it is pure Lanna Thai Tradition and the 2500 years old techniques we use are developed for that purpose. My team and I are so glad that you liked our service and we hope to see you again if you come back to Chiang Mai.
Kind regards,
Chiang Mai, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Hoping For Help With Neck/Shoulder Pain & I Got It”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

went into place needing ONLY neck and shoulder work, NOTHING ELSE....that was emphasized in email, on phone to discuss appt. and when i arrived at green bamboo. price quoted online and in person of 200 baht..ok, fair enough....the masseuse was good. Her name was Mam....was an hour massage...about 40 minutes spent on neck/shoulder, the balance of time on stretching, and yanking other parts. when done, the pain seemed to have subsided some..this was a pain from 2 plus years ago with whiplash so will not go away but there was less pain so i was happy..when i went to pay, i was told the charge would be 300 baht. i asked why. was told because i had gotten royal thai treatment with exotic oils etc. i said i hadnt requested and lady smiled and said ok 200 baht. it was a very subtle attempt to rip me off..and i told her this. the massage was great, the end game was crap and i left thinking i will never go back there again. and i wont.

1 Thank Jim A