“A haven of relaxtion in the heart of the city”
Review of BaanBooLOo Village

BaanBooLOo Village
Ranked #7 of 806 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I spent a week at Baan Boo Loo during the Loi Krathong festival and loved it - it felt more like staying with a Thai family. There's a very informal and relaxed feel with plenty of communal space - I particularly enjoyed sitting out on the terrace in the evening with a glass of wine. The rooms are built of teak wood with outside showers so you feel close to nature even though you're in the heart of the city. Orn is a consummate host and great cook with a real personal touch.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed January 17, 2011

My wife and I were made to feel as part of the family at Baan Boo Loo. Waited upon constantly by the staff. Food whenever you were hungry with plenty of Thai cuisine. Relaxed atmosphere was welcomed after a day of work and traveling around.
Excellent value.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Built with respect for nature and neighbor and with a superb personal touch towards customers.
The house is traditional style with a lot of teakwood. The rooms are splendid each of them with a personal touch. Do not expect “perfect” facilities like in a “twelve in a dozen *******hotel”, but more a beautiful house where you would like to live when living in Chiang Mai.
We stayed 4 nights with two couples in the guest house. At that time there was one other room occupied. Orn (the lady of the house) helped us with tips to visit the city. So also arranged a 3 day trip to the North including jungle trekking.
Orn served as at any time of the day the local dishes made by herself. One evening she teached us in Thai cooking after we want to a local market to buy the local products. Great evening that ended with a shopping session on an evening market.
By the way, we got great deals for the rooms in low season ! (approx. 2500 baht for the top rooms).
So, I thing you need to hurry-up to experience this great place before the rest of the world discovers it , because the Orn won’t be able to serve you with this personal touch.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dvd21
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We just got back from Chiang Mai, a wonderful city. We absolutely loved our long weekend not just because of the city. BaanBooloo made our stay just perfect. We felt at home from the minute we walked in until we had to leave. Everything was very relaxed and flexible. From the time we wanted to have breakfast to arranging transport, cooking with us or making us a drink, whatever we thought of doing Orn already offered us help in arranging it to come true.
We had booked the upper house of BaanBooLoo, which made that we had the complete upper terrace for ourselves. The 3 upper rooms would fit 6 people easily, it also has 3 beautiful bathrooms with toilet, outdoor shower and the master bedroom has an outdoor bathtub. The kids (10, 8 and 5) could do what they felt like, read a book, play in the sand in the garden, go to the kitchen to ask for a drink or even walk to a small shop around the corner. That was fantastic after a day in the city and made our children to not want to leave again. The garden of BaanBooLoo is very private and safe.
Orn is a very good chef so every meal she surprised us with all kinds of delicaties from Thailand. The good thing is that not only we loved the food, but also our children!
Location: BaanBooLoo is right in the centre of Chiang Mai, close to one of the biggest temples Wat Pra Singh but at the same time in a quiet backstreet so no street noise or whatsoever that wakes you in the middle of the night, it cannot get any better.
Rooms; The rooms are very nicely decorated, clean as can be and maybe most important they have the best beds I have ever slept in in hotels. There were mosquitos but we kept the bedroom doors closed from about 4pm and kept the mosquito nets around the beds closed so they did not bother us.

I would love to come back soon and have a lot of respect for all the hard work Orn and Lek do to comfort their guests. Thank you sooo much

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank reismama
Reviewed November 20, 2010

This was a fantastic guesthouse! On the proprietor and Lek her assistant were great hosts. Over and above level of service that you wouldn't even get in a top top London hotel. After the craziness of Bangkok (trying to sleep near the Khaosan Road) - then a night train up to Chiang Mai - we were a little sleep deprived to say the least! We both had the best nights sleep we've ever had - so peaceful, and so comfortable with the natural breeze blowing through the room because of the way the guesthouse has been constructed in the traditional style. Amazing rain shower outside in the bathroom - open to the sky. There's nothing like having a great shower under the suns rays!

We also took a cookery course with On - and it was fantastic - we went to a real 'local' market not the 'farang' market where other cooking schools will take you. We had a traditional thai breakfast there and offered alms to the monks. We decided our dishes over breakfast and then went to buy them together - On teaching us about different things along the way - the ingredients for which cost only 200 baht (which On paid for). It was more than a cookery lesson, it was a glimpse into the real thai life.

The location was amazing - just round the corner from the main temple Wat Pra Singh, and also a nearby 7/11 and a place to get the best milkshakes in the world!

I absolutely recommend this to everyone : )

Beware the mosquitos in Chiang Mai though - be prepared!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UKSchnitzel
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I booked myself on a massage course at Baanbooloo (fantastic course and tutor - another story though :o), and intended to stop here the first night and then do my usual travelling round staying at different places for my first week. Then return to Baanbooloo for the course. Well, I felt so at home after that first night that i didnt want to leave, so stayed there the whole time!!
This place is so chilled out, Orn and Lek looked after me really well and I wanted for nothing. A rare balance between hospitality and respect of privacy - perfect.
Orn helped me rent a motorcycle for a good price and booked my 'Patara Elephant Carer for the day' trip for me (trust me - DO THIS TRIP!!).
Location is great too, in the old town within easy reach of the popular place to visit.
Breakfasts were amazing, taken outside on the balcony overlooking the garden. Although I chose to eat out most of the time, I can thoroughly recommend Orns cooking - delicious! She even taught me how to make Lemongrass and Honey tea (Lemongrass picked from the garden no less).
My room was very comfortable and cool, even without aircon and the big bed was very welcome. This is my first review on here, I noticed the logo on Baanbooloo website so felt I had to spread the word. I am returning to Chiang mai in November and have booked myself and my partner in to the Mae Lieng room and cant wait to get there!
If you are travelling to Chiang Mai, Baanbooloo will make your stay very special.

Kerry

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank kerry1969
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Whatever you are looking for, time to relax or a busy nightlife Chaing Mia offers it all and more, Boobanloo is the ideal place to stay.
Hidden in a quiet road two minutes walk from the centre of town you could want for no more than this little gem. The staff speak English and are ready and willing to help with whatever you require.
Trips and adventure tours can be booked and I would suggest trying one or two.
Elephant trip and Thai cooking were high on my list but there were many more.
Adisak is the ultimate host and really helps you to feel that you are experiencing the Thai culture as well as relaxing in this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple