“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #6 of 733 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Boulder, Colorado
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a great time at Baan Boo Loo. Picked up from the airport. VERY friendly attentive service. Rooms were beautifully finished and decorated. Location was perfect. On the final evening, our 11-year old son helped to fix a traditional Thai dinner. A highlight of the Thailand trip for him!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Baan Boo Loo. The experience was unique (not your typical hotel), and the staff warm and welcoming. I was invited to dinner my first evening (prepared by students at the hotel's cooking school) and entertained by some traditional Thai dancing (Im not sure how often they do this; I may have just gotten lucky). Since I was travelling alone, an employee and the dancer came to sit with me for a bit so I didn't have to eat my meal all alone. The employee also generously offered to drive me to the night market since he was worried about me walking solo. The owner also helped me attend a cooking class (since her own school was booked up). So basically, warm and friendly service, relaxing atmosphere, unique accomodations, great location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rnraven
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed there our first night in Chian Mai. The staff was super friendy to give us instructions despite arriving late in the night. The view in the mornins is amazing as this is located next to a temple.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Redwood City, California, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

A very charming hotel. We stayed for 7 days in June/July and loved it there. Breakfast was great every morning and they were very accommodating if we needed to be up early. The room was clean and comfy. The staff was very nice and made the experience a great one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elise G
Santa Barbara, California, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am a solo female traveler that stayed at BaanBooLoo Thai Guest house for a few nights in June. From the moment I walked in I felt so welcome--being given a beautiful fresh fruit plate, rose water, and a flower lei. I arrived early but they made arrangements for me to rest in a spare bedroom while my room was being prepared.

Orn was incredibly helpful and gracious and gave great recommendations for places to go. One evening during my stay, she invited all of the guests to have a dinner and watch traditional Thai dancing in the garden of the guesthouse. It was very gracious.

Highly recommend this oasis and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Apologies for the late review. My husband and I stayed here in December 2012 and January 2013 whilst traveling in Thailand, we stayed here for Xmas and it could not have been better. We stayed in the openair room and it was outstanding. The detail in the room and bathroom was exceptional. The staff had thought about everything, there was nothing else you could want. It was so comfortable and the breakfast everymorning was amazing. The staff cannot do enough to help you, they were brilliant. My husband and I have been lucky enough to travel quite a lot, however, this is my favourite place in the world. An oasis of calm after the frenetic pace of Bangkok, we loved it. Thank You.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have been to Chiangmai several times and stayed in different hotels and guesthouses. BanBooloo is the most impressive place we ever stayed. Very nice location, just a few steps from the temple and night market. Despite of the location, we were surprised with the atmosphere of BanBooloo, like a jungle in the center of the city. The wooden houses, Lanna traditional style make BanBooloo a unique and relaxing place for holidays. The staffs are friendly, helpful and just made we feel like they are our relative.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple