“in a wonderful setting, if u like all things opulent. and reasonable massage”

The Dheva Spa & Wellness Centre
Ranked #106 of 203 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dheva Spa is named after the Star Goddess, guardian of longevity and spiritual enlightenment. Our staff are trained at our on site Academy, to the highest levels of professionalism. We offer an extensive range of holistic therapy: healing treatments, prescribed residential Wellness Programs and our world renowned Ayurvedic centre. Beyond prescribed therapies we offer spiritual and physical guidance with yoga, Pilates and exercise regimes.
Bangkok, Thailand
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“in a wonderful setting, if u like all things opulent. and reasonable massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

i love the mandarin oriental, chiangmai. and i like the spa setting. it's possible one of the most ambitious hotels i've been in when it comes to decoration and the spa is no exception.
i felt that i have had better massage elsewhere though.
so, go for the ambience and the hotel experience. the massage is ok too.
they often have terrific deals, so if u get those, u r in for a treat and an excellent value for money. if not, it can be pricey. in any case, it's worth the effort.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank banjapat

• Thai first
Hong Kong, China
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Spacious room, beautiful place but rather slow motion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We tried the 3 hour Lanna package as it's in promotion with about 30% discount. The room environment is wonderful, it's big and comfortable, and with practical design, e.g. they have a warm Corian bed for body scrub so you won't feel cold at all. However, unlike many other spa we have been to, perhaps because we are having a 3 hour package, I find the therapists kind of massaging in slow motion, ie with much longer pause between each press, or perhaps it's the way to help me relax??

Visited September 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
150 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 442 helpful votes
“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

More then perfect, everthing fitted, great staff, best Dim Sums, but all Restaurants were great, you really felt like a guest, not only just being served.

1 Thank Travexperience
miami
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“It was worth the money "spent" but....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

This is an excellent spa with wonderful service for a 4/5 star spa. While it was quite wonderful and I will review as such, one caveat, with so many spas in Chiang Mai, IMHO its hard to justify the expense. That being said.. on with the review.

The welcome was quite wonderful the grounds are a nice retreat, but be prepared for a bit of a walk from the parking area. Unless of course you're one of the fortunate few to stay at the hotel then i'm sure you'll have golf cart service around the grounds.

The welcome was nice even though the initial spa receptionist wasn't the most friendliest of people, everyone else was quite wonderful.

I had an oil massage (of course). Was able to start off with a nice steam and this was followed up with a bath. The jacuzzi bath was great big enough for two ;-) ;-) and no worries about splashing water on the floor. I would love to have one of these baths for my place. Personally between the nice steam and the bath, I could have been done with the spa treatment and considered it money well spent.

The young lady that gave me my massage, was attentive, but for the money and if you are going for the massage, I must reiterate there are many many places in Chiang Mai for similar or better massage for less money. Of course there's always the gambit of good/bad therapist no matter where you go. But, to her credit, she did pay attention to the notes and areas of attention that I noted on the intake form, that is always a plus in my book.

The table was an over-sized thai massage mat. Not really sure how to describe it, think king-sized thai mat elevated a couple feet off the floor. There was no port or face cradle, just a pillow for my chest and towel for my head as I was laying face down. It wasn't uncomfortable, but it wasn't the most comfortable either.

So over all if you're looking for the spa experience and not worried about cost, this is a very nice spa to spend the day. I was there for close to two hours for a one hour massage, so I'm sure for one of their packages its just got to be wonderful.

2 Thank incognitolmt