“Tasty pizza, excellent home made tiramisu and good welcome!”
Review of La Fontana

La Fontana
Ranked #177 of 2,501 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Italian Restaurant serving authentic Italian food mostly homemade: Antipasti, Salads, Soups, Pasta, Pizza, Meat, Seafood
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The terrace invites us to taste this restaurant and we were not disappointed. We ordered 1 pizza and 1 calzone that were bigs and tasty. The glass of red wine was good and the famous home made turamisu to finish our dinner was delicious. The service has been prefect in a good ambient and sure we will come again to taste others dishes. I recommend this restaurant that is not expensive in regard of the quality, quantity of meals.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

I was so hungry that i just had to stop to eat and La Fontana was the nearest place I knew.
Large bowl of salad, penne with tomato sauce, pizza and the finish with a tiramisu.
Excellent food, no complaints at all

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

The food was a nice break from all the Thai food. We split garlic bread, a salad and a pizza for 220 bhat. Not bad, but prices were more than a typical Thai restaurant as to be expected. The food was great and the service was good!

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Good size and nice tasty pizza. The pizza dough is not thin and crispy but not thick and heavy either, just right and tastes good. I ordered one pizza, 300cl carafe of house red wine and a bottle of still water, bill was 490THB (15USD), reasonable. Friendly service and you can sit outside on the terrace if it’s not too hot.

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

I don’t write many reviews but after eating here this evening I decided to see what others thought. I review really annoyed me regarding the tortellini. I had bruschetta to start which was lovely but in my opinion missing a little olive oil. I asked the very friendly helpful Thai waitress who immediately ran to me and presented me with olive oil, chilli oil and balsamic vinegar. Perfect. A light drizzle and honestly one of the nicest I’ve had. I then had the tortellini, now in appearance it wasn’t huge, however it had Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top and looked amazing. The flavour. Well honestly you can tell it’s freshly made and with good ingredients. This is not just the best I have had in Thailand but the best I have had including Italy. It truly was delicious. Because it was made with good ingredients and with love and care it actually filled me up perfectly and I can eat pasta. I mean it is my staple diet and I am a triathlete and ironman but this was just nice. Thank you for a fantastic meal and if you are reading this I really don’t think you will be disappointed if you have a meal like I have just eaten.

Ps here another 5 days and I will be back.