“Tranquil place, hear the wind sing and insects in the backyard song!”
Review of Casa 2511

Casa 2511
Ranked #510 of 801 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 19, 2013

When I arrived in the morning for early check in, by coincidence there was no electricity due to the power outrage, it made surrounding area quite until I could heard the song of insects in the backyard. It was like a casa brought back to the time 2511 when this house were built. Bring my memory back when I was a student at CMU and once upon a time used to visit this Nimmanhaemin area. How tiny of the room number 2 and comfort of stranger place could made a tranquil atmosphere and lazy afternoon on the bed! Something went wrong when the electricity came and every parts of this chic area awoke. I miss the past even it pass away!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kangeleno

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Casa 2511 Chiang Mai lives up to her logo of "8 SIMPLY CHARMING ROOMS" displayed by the entrance. A wonderfully cozy boutique hotel in the newly trendy Nimmanhaemin, Muang area of Chiang Mai, Casa was converted from a spacious family house built in 1968 (the year of 2511 on the Buddha calendar, hence the name). Casa 2511 opened some 4 years ago and already has been very popular also because of her boasting of eight rooms of different designer's decor flavor - that you get to choose as you view and book online. A not-to-miss and good-value-for-money small-sized hotel in Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #7, which is the largest. However, Room #6 is really attractive with its glass wal...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sydney_chu
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriends on a recommendation from my aunt. Very new and modern. Clean and simple. The front desk even stayed open for me when I flew in very late! Very helpful staff members... gave great advice on where to go, how much to pay and how to get around town. Really enjoyed our time in Chiang Mai. Thank you Casa 2511!

Strong recommendation!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2011

After several years of reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, our recent stay at Casa 2511 has compelled me to write my first review.

From the moment we checked in, the friendly and informative staff of the hotel went out of their way to make our stay in Chiang Mai a memorable one---recommending good restaurants, how to get around the city, and when we could avoid the busiest hours at popular tourist attractions.

We stayed in Room #7 which is a large en-suite room with a King size bed, and it was quite sufficient for us. Several widows provide loads of sunlight during the afternoon. Some rooms have smaller beds and/or a shared bathroom, so be sure to choose a room that meets your needs.

Even though the hotel's address is on the very trendy Nimanheiman Road (restaurants, coffee shops and night clubs), it is nestled away on a quiet lane away from all the noise and activity. Chiang Mai University's beautiful campus (which is great for leisurely stroll or afternoon jog), is about 1 mile away. The hotel is about a 10 -12 minute tuk-tuk ride to the main area of the city if you want to check out the Sunday Walking Street or Night Market.

The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but that really isn't a problem because of all the great places to eat in the area--as I mentioned above, the staff made fantastic recommendations to us. Also, there's a small bakery/coffee shop behind the hotel which offers up the best brownies I've tasted in a long time.

My wife and I strongly recommend this hotel. It truly is a hidden gem in Chiang Mai

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bhandjz
Reviewed January 9, 2011

I found this hotel by chance and found it charmingly simple and clean, the staff is very friendly and speak good English, facilities and services were basic but the rooms were en suite and safe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2011

This guesthouse is well-located in the north-west of the city, in an area populated with smaller shops and cafes. It is in a relatively quiet lane away from the bustle of the city centre.
The rooms are fairly basic, but clean and include en-suites. Outside there is a frog moat, decking, chairs, and trees for shade. Wifi internet is of course laid on and is entirely adequate.
The staff have been very welcoming. The manageress speaks English well and has been very helpful with advice, laundry and all the other little details that popped up - as a novice traveler I really appreciated this.
I was originally staying in room 8 and had to change rooms due to a high level of light leaking into that room at night time. Hopefully the issue with that particular room will be fixed soon.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed a night at this charming guesthouse house. I booked my stay at Casa2511 after touring the newly renovated hotel. The furnishings are sleek, modern, and fashionable. The rooms feel clean, hip, and fresh. I was surprised to feel even more welcome from the staff. The family owned hotel has the warmth of a home. I had an interesting library to search through, an amazing coffee house in the back to relax at, and a lovely proprietor to chat with.
Thank you Casa2511 for such a pleasant holiday.
Jasmine