“So good!”

Ranked #390 of 2,102 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Thai and Italian food, good view with Ping river...
Melbourne, Australia
“So good!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We visited this restaurant after reading about it on Trip Advisor. The food was so good that we went back a second time on our last night in Chiang Mai. Would highly recommend the ravioli, and the chocolate mousse was a great treat! I would have loved to have tried some of their Thai dishes. Prego is definitely on my must-visit list for my next holiday in Chiang Mai.

Visited August 2012

• Hebrew first
Singapore
“Comfortable setting for Thai-inspired Italian dinner”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I chose this place to meet a Thai friend for dinner based on reviews here. The restaurant has eating areas on both sides of the street.

It was a comfortable laid back environment with good service. The food was a pleasant mix between Italian and Thai which made it a bit easier for my friend to steer away from things like cheese and tomatoes that she doesn't care much for.

I don't know that I would make a special trip to this neighborhood just for this restaurant, but if you are staying nearby or need somewhere neutral and easy to access, this is a good pick for meeting friends, a family get together, etc. The pizzas and salads and desserts were good; mussels were disappointing. On a second occasion I was in the neighborhood and decided to return and try their homemade ravioli and grilled fish; I wasn't disappointed with either of these!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Worth finding....superb value.....”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Prego is a bit off the main strip but worth finding. As others have mentioned here on TA, it is fantastic Thai food but also excellent Italian.....I had ravioli and it was really good - homemade sauce that Nona would be proud of. My Friend had Thai food....Tam Yum soup - veggie only. She loved it. The pizzas that went by us looked good too. We also had pumpkin with coconut milk for dessert.....simple, fresh and new flavors. Service was excellent too. Our total bill was about $25 USD - starters, mains, dessert and carafe of wine.....along with service - that sums up to a superb value!

• Visited August 2012
“Nice break from Thai food!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went here for a lovely Italian meal! Food was lovely, wine was good! What more can you want?! Only issue I had was when a table came in later and we were asked to move mid course! They were happy enough when I said I wanted to finish the course but it is just one of my pet hates! The Thai food is supposed to be lovely too so definitely worth a visit!!

Bangkok, Thailand
“Did not realize that”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

the location was right down the soi from Tri Gong. That is the guest house I have stayed at several times. On to the review I always am looking for places to eat and trip advisor said this place was good. Well I am not a gourmet expert on any cuisine but I have to state their food was so good. I had a nice glass of wine and the home made ravioli, came with nice soft tasty bread.
You can bet I will be back even though a bit out of my way here in Nong Hoy. I have to say food was great and I ate for 300 baht. How do you beat that? You do not!