“Clean rooms and affordably priced”
Review of Baan Nam Sai Hotel

Baan Nam Sai Hotel
Ranked #131 of 758 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Rumsey
“Clean rooms and affordably priced”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 week and enjoyed that the rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels, fridge, air con and hot shower. The rooms have an electronic key to get past the gate which is nice added security. I would have stayed longer if it weren't located just off a street with bars and loud music well into the night. If you are a light sleeper earplugs are a must! The staff are very nice and approachable with good english!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Andrea P

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I spent 5 nights in Baan Nam Sai in Chian Mai. Large room, clean, friendly staff and very good location closed to the Taphae Gate. The owner was very helpful and friendly. The price was very reasonable and I will return again.

Room Tip: second floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank France B
Waihi, New Zealand
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a very comfortable clean guesthouse. Very secure, very obliging and very handy to temples, cafe in the old city boundary. Famous Sunday market is just up the road. This is my second stay here and I just love it. It is quiet and peaceful tended by very hospitable approachable people. Rooms are basic but fairly spacious for a budget place. Small drying room attached to each room and a good shower/bathroom. A TV that works, telephone, aircon and fridge. Beds are made daily and towels refreshed. Two bottle of water per day per room. Good wardrobe to hang clothes and a small desk and shelve space. Entry to the room area is by electronic tag then you move on to your own room with a conventional key. The owner lives on the premises in the flat right next to the entry to the rooms. They will provide a service to the airport for BHT150 which was for me very convenient as I had an early flight out and didn't need to concern myself chasing a taxi.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mikolo1
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have stayed here for the last 27 days and have been more than happy with this hotel.The ladies who run it are really lovely people and if you need any help they are forthcoming.The room and linen were very clean and it suited me for my month stay here.
I have seen the complaints about the beds and have to disagree, I really liked the harder than normal bed and after talking to long stay farangs who felt the same way I believe they are much better for your body and posture.When I get back to Perth I will be looking for one to replace my existing mattress.
I was a little concerned at first about no safe for your valuables etc but found that I could leave anything in my room with no worries -- there is a security door to enter the bildungsroman
I found the location perfect handy for food shopping etc.Just next door is a great healthy restaurant ---Natures Way where you get a great breakfast --friut juice,fresh fruit,eggs beans fried mushrooms and beans,toast (wholemeal) and tea or coffee :-) for 100 baht.

If I return to Chiang Mai in the future I would have no hesitation staying here. -I am sure there are better hotels here but for value for money you would be hard pressed to beat this one.

Room Tip: I found the rooms at the front of the Hotel were good as they have an extra window.
Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JimandHelenHuxley
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean hotel in a great location. Rooms are well equiped with desl, cupboard, tv, fridge and aircon. Bathroom small but functional and bed, although a little firm, was clean and comfy. Staff are great and hotel feels very safe. Youll find cheaper but for us it was perfect! X

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank undercoverhippy
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Baan Nam Sai is very well priced and is in a great location in the old city. It is close to everything. The staff and owner are very friendly there are great eating places close by ..The rooms are good for the price ... Beds spoilt it for us as hard as stone & the pillows as well .. It is in a quiet and safe area but with saying that because of every room looking on to court yard was noisy with other guest coming & going & staff motor bikes early in morning .. Not sure I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Great if you like hard beds .. Good location ..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The staff are lovely, the location is great, the wifi is fast but the beds are awful. With all 64 kg of me on the bed I don't even make a slight indent in the mattress. Woke up sore and feeling bruised and so did my travel partner. I'm sure for the same price you could find somewhere more comfortable to sleep. This is the only hotel we've stayed at so far that I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed January 2013