“Highlight of our trip”

$48.12*
Doi Suthep National Park Beginner Downhill Bike Ride from Chiang Mai
Ranked #34 of 258 things to do in Chiang Mai
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Although this place is not centrally located, it is worth hiring a taxi to go there and spend an afternoon. You can sit in a hut and order food from the nearby restaurants. The hut are quite private and well shaded. Me and my boyfriend spent two hours there chatting and eating. That was definitely what a holiday should be! If you want to spend an afternoon outdoor but are afraid of the heat, this is a place for you!

3  Thank Liu V

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I liked the location at the foot Doi Suthep mountain.
Dine at a typical Thai restuarant at the waters edge.
a place to avoid at weekends if you dont like crowds. popular with the locals at weekends.

2  Thank Bill C
Reviewed April 9, 2014

A friend took me to three lake for a very relaxed lunch. It is a bit of a drive but well worth it. There is a minimal charge to enter and then a minimal charge for for the floating cabana.S on then lake. Yep, a cabana for two, or three etc floating on large bamboo pieces. The walkway to the cabana is three large pieces of bamboo tied together with a small one as a handrail. I fell in ( only thigh deep) and it got a great laugh. It also provided an opportunity for much ribbing from my friend as well as the other cabanas. If nothing else, that made it memorable. Once on dry bamboo a waitress embarrasses you by deftly negotiating said bamboo walkway carrying the trays of food that you order. Had a feast of Thai food and stayed for well over 4 hours after nap and all. There was a very nice breeze that was so alcove with the heat. We could have stayed for several more hours. Oh, I didn't amuse any one on the return trip across the bamboo, didn't want to drive home wet!

1  Thank Kallen3103
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We spent 2 hours for this lake! It was so relaxing when we came here! It is one of the best lake in Chaing Mai. we loved to walk around the lake . Highly recommended!

2  Thank arne b
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Was on my second of my three day trip and Huay Tung Tao Lake was my Thai's friend's recommendation for a quiet lunch and sightseeing. I was told it would be quiet because of the distance away from the city. It was a fair motorbike ride there but worth it.

It was quiet as my friend had stated the only other visitors appeared to be a large number of school children, as my friend explained, at the beginning of a camping trip.

It was pleasant, quiet and we sat and ate just over the lake. We spent a few hours there and would have spent more had we not had already made plans for early evening.