“Clean Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 361 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Tacoma, Washington
“Clean Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The service at this hotel was great and the rooms were clean. I really enjoyed that the glass partician between the bathroom and the bedroom could be opened allowing you to talk more easily with someone laying down.

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

quiet and well situated hotel,
really clean and lovely garden and swimming pool
good breakfast
kind personel
we were 2 families with the bedrooms with terrace : perfect to discuss at night with the children sleeping inside!
we will come back

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

1. After a harsh one day tour to Chiang Rai , I got out of Chiang Mai at 7 am and back at Chiang Mai at 9 pm and change to this hotel.Hotel nearby has no 7-11 or little cafe or restaurant after 9:30pm. Then, I asked for the front desk, they just said that hotel restaurant will be close soon...try to go there and eat quickly. Food in this hotel is good.
2. I was coughing and asked for bottle water in room temperature in the hotel restaurant ..NO ICE water....but the waiter is dreaming.....I repeated my order of water and food by pointing to the menu...he still seems dreaming....finally he opened a COLD bottle water for me....I ate fast...but seems it is nearly to their closing time, they started to took away my dishes very quickly and prepare the bill for me....
3. When I get back to my room, I started to take all my things out and prepare for a shower, suddenly my back got wet ! The air conditioning is dripping water like raining ! I called upon the front desk, they sent someone to my room, and say...they can't fix it.Then, they switched me from room 203,a bigger room to room 305…which got the mattress on the floor and I needed to kneel down for opening my languages which is really annoying !
4. I asked to call for a taxi to Mandarin Hotel for dinner, they quoteme the prices is 300 bahts and which Mandarin Hotel just quote me at 200 bahts....
5. My previous guest house is just around HK $ 220/ night in Chiang Mai which I stayed for 2 nights is much better than this hotel which cost me over HK$ 650/night !

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Paokung, Owner at De Lanna Hotel, Chiang Mai, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear a lovely guest,

Sorry for you bad experience here. The waiter that took your order is a new guy and his English is very poor. Actually he came here as a bus boy and not supposed to taking any orders. This is our poor restaurant management that the restaurant's supervisor were not there at the time. The new guy now is out for his lack of ability to meet our services standard. For the room, there's sometimes has a problem and our receptionists work quickly to solve the problem; however, we have 2 room styles, one with the lifted wooden floor and one with standard floor, you might not like the one with lifted wooden floor and we are so sorry for that. Actually if you don't like the room you were moved in, you could ask for the new room and our receptionists will certainly make your request comes true. Our hotel location is not really far from 7-11. It's about 150 metre or so from the hotel to 7-11. However, at that time our receptionists wanted to recommend you to try our food and it was better for you to get a real fresh food rather than get a frozen or junk food from 7-11. We are so sorry for what made you feel really bad about our services and property. We will definitely keep up in improving our services to serve all guests at our best.

Sincerely yours,
Kamakura Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Professional and comfortable in every way - very comfy beds, thoughtful service, decent choices at breakfast, fast and stable wi-fi. Have been returning to De Lanna every year or so. Sending my friends there too. Never disappointed.

Room Tip: Great location, friendly service, comfortable
    • 3 of 5 stars

Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

De Lanna is a nice hotel, with attractive if somewhat uneven decor. Lovely pool and garden, with huge koi in the pond. Location is on a side street around the corner from Wat Pra Singh, with shops nearby. Easy walk to Thapae Gate in about 20 minutes. Friendly staff speak English well. Breakfast buffet enjoyable, especially sitting in the garden by the pool. An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Northumberland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a lovely and unique place to stay. Exceptional service, beautiful courtyard and pool area, quaintly decorated rooms that were spacious and very clean. It's within walking distance of food and shopping and there is a convenience store and coffee shop within a block or two. Breakfast was of good quality with plenty of selection.

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony/porch overlooking the courtyard are great for relaxing.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed twice at this hotel in between trips out of the city, and felt this was a great base for our stay in Chiang Mai. The staff were very friendly throughout, even making us a special breakfast box on our last day as we left to catch a flight really early. We were also able to leave bags here for a few days which was helpful when we went out of town. We ate here on a few occasions and the food was really tasty. I thought the hotel was really nicely laid out with a central courtyard with a refreshing pool and some seating areas on a grassy area beneath trees. Around the outside of the courtyard were some pools with massive carp in, which were impressive! Our room was clean, spacious and nicely decorated and was a nice space to relax in after a few hours visiting the local sights. The location was perfect for us, near to some of the main sights (temples, cultural museum, sunday walking market) and in what felt like a relaxed and safe neighborhood. We found some nice relaxed bars close to the restaurant and the busier bars etc are only a short (and fun) tuk-tuk ride away. I would certainly stay here again, and recommend to anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor which was nice as it opens out on to the courtyard