“Relaxing , calm , fell asleep !!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 201 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
Bangkok
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Relaxing , calm , fell asleep !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I love massages. I have about 2 or 3 a month all over the world if I get chance. Kandara spa is one of those great ones.

Well priced - cost us about $120 for two people for 3 hours each.

Nice friendly staff

Building that has been converted town house but perfectly ok.

As with most massages good idea to tell the staff before starting any areas you want more or less treatment. Also confirm pressure is good or need harder or softer. You are not just a piece of dead meat after all !!!

After 3 hours I felt in a different world and all my aches pains and stress just melted away.

Highly recommend

1 Thank farang31

• Thai first
Overland Park, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“excellent spa and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

First visit to this spa. It was recommended by a friend. My daughter and I did the 3 hour Serenity package. The spa's driver picked us up at our hotel and we were greeted by the manager with welcome tea drink and rose petal foot bath before our spa treatments. Very professional therapists who did not speak with each other during the treatments. The hot oil massage and the herb compress were especially relaxing. after our treatments, we were treated to tea and cookies in a very non rushed atmosphere even though it was 9 pm. Our driver then drove us back to our hotel. The spa is very clean, quiet and relaxing, and we would definitely make this our first stop on our next trip to Chaing Mai. Highly recommended!!

Visited January 2014
4 Thank lavande77
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible SPA experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

The worst SPA experience ever! We booked the "Wellness of Kandara Package for 2 persons" and went there one day on December 2013 at 8:00pm.
We ended up having 2 very unprofessional massage therapist, 2 ladies kept chitchatting to each other almost non-stop. One of them even picked up her mobile to answer the phone call from time to time.
The way they did the massage, just like touching your skin, far away from massage.
What's worse, the sound isolation of the building was terrible, the lound music from nearby was so clear, that I just felt like suffering lying there to listen to all the terrible noise, its anything but relaxing...

It's really not worthy that price, and I will NEVER EVER go back to that place, and won't recommend it to anyone.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank wanderingworld00
Okinawa, Japan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“GOLD STAR Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

This spa did not disappoint! our first visit we did the full 4 hour package (Paradise of Kandara), our experience began with free transportation from our hotel, the driver delivered us right to the front door where we were warmly greeted.
After some standard paperwork (what do you want, pressure, sensitivities, ect.) we received a welcome drink and our pampering began!
There is NOTHING overlooked in this place; every little detail speaks (relaxation, beauty, serenity and amazing aroma). It felt like we were back in California at a 5 star Spa.
here is a breakdown of how our treatment was:
Foot Reflexology Massage: wonderful and not as painful as some of the other Thai reflexology I've experienced.
Herbal Steam: one of the best I had while in Chiang Mai! it IS small and the door was a bit loud BUT This Is Thailand (TIT) and these things are expected. Temp was perfect, herbs very fresh and time was great.
Body scrub: we did not get to choose what scrub was used but again, TIT and this place is a small business. the coffee scrub was divine! and we had a nice shower after (bonus for having hot water and good water pressure on the 3rd floor!)
Hot Oil Massage; This was exactly what I needed, the Massage Therapist was very in-tune with what my body needed (great pressure, avoided areas of pain and worked out spots of tension), this was greatly appreciated since we had a language barrier and communicating what I needed was a bit difficult. The massage was perfect.
6 Step Facial: I am not normally a huge fan of facial treatments due to my sensitive skin, so I was a bit nervous. The treatment was great and I had zero problems with sensitivities.
Mani-pedi: Ok they may have lost a star here :( this was just ok and if your looking for some good work I would skip this. We choose this package because the "milk bath" in the other package was not of interest. During our mani-pedi we did get another great beverage and a snack.

Low points:
the steam room is really just a nice little closet in the corner of a massage room (TIT!) it was CLEAN but small.
The massage table made noise. I know this sounds strange but it was a little distracting.
The bathroom was right outside of our room; this is both high and low point. low because it was a little distracting but high because in a 4 hour treatment its nice to have a toilet near by!

High points:
Atmosphere! its beautiful, clean, smells delightful and quiet; the therapists do NOT speak to each other during our treatment,which I cannot say for many of the other places we visited.
Customer Service was amazing!
Products used were of high quality (I have sensitive skin).
Massage Therapist are very well trained and practice a very high level of professionalism (again I cannot say this for many of the other places we visited).
Prices are clearly marked and we were not required to pay until after our treatment (this show great confidence of the Spa).
Finally we did not feel rushed AT ALL, which was a problem at all but one other Spa we visited.

Next time we visit Chiang Mai this will be our first stop!

Visited December 2013
3 Thank EWendlandt
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Peaceful & Very Relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was visit this spa 2 months ago but I was very impress in their services. Spa manager 's miss Coco was very nice smile and gave me good advise for suitable spa course. My therapist gave me very smooth and relax massage. For 2 Hours peaceful and relax with super services, Why don't you come to try ?

Visited October 2013