“GOLD STAR Customer Service”
Review of Kandara Spa

Kandara Spa
Ranked #67 of 216 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“GOLD STAR Customer Service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This spa did not disappoint! our first visit we did the full 4 hour package (Paradise of Kandara), our experience began with free transportation from our hotel, the driver delivered us right to the front door where we were warmly greeted.
After some standard paperwork (what do you want, pressure, sensitivities, ect.) we received a welcome drink and our pampering began!
There is NOTHING overlooked in this place; every little detail speaks (relaxation, beauty, serenity and amazing aroma). It felt like we were back in California at a 5 star Spa.
here is a breakdown of how our treatment was:
Foot Reflexology Massage: wonderful and not as painful as some of the other Thai reflexology I've experienced.
Herbal Steam: one of the best I had while in Chiang Mai! it IS small and the door was a bit loud BUT This Is Thailand (TIT) and these things are expected. Temp was perfect, herbs very fresh and time was great.
Body scrub: we did not get to choose what scrub was used but again, TIT and this place is a small business. the coffee scrub was divine! and we had a nice shower after (bonus for having hot water and good water pressure on the 3rd floor!)
Hot Oil Massage; This was exactly what I needed, the Massage Therapist was very in-tune with what my body needed (great pressure, avoided areas of pain and worked out spots of tension), this was greatly appreciated since we had a language barrier and communicating what I needed was a bit difficult. The massage was perfect.
6 Step Facial: I am not normally a huge fan of facial treatments due to my sensitive skin, so I was a bit nervous. The treatment was great and I had zero problems with sensitivities.
Mani-pedi: Ok they may have lost a star here :( this was just ok and if your looking for some good work I would skip this. We choose this package because the "milk bath" in the other package was not of interest. During our mani-pedi we did get another great beverage and a snack.

Low points:
the steam room is really just a nice little closet in the corner of a massage room (TIT!) it was CLEAN but small.
The massage table made noise. I know this sounds strange but it was a little distracting.
The bathroom was right outside of our room; this is both high and low point. low because it was a little distracting but high because in a 4 hour treatment its nice to have a toilet near by!

High points:
Atmosphere! its beautiful, clean, smells delightful and quiet; the therapists do NOT speak to each other during our treatment,which I cannot say for many of the other places we visited.
Customer Service was amazing!
Products used were of high quality (I have sensitive skin).
Massage Therapist are very well trained and practice a very high level of professionalism (again I cannot say this for many of the other places we visited).
Prices are clearly marked and we were not required to pay until after our treatment (this show great confidence of the Spa).
Finally we did not feel rushed AT ALL, which was a problem at all but one other Spa we visited.

Next time we visit Chiang Mai this will be our first stop!

3 Thank EWendlandt

• Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Peaceful & Very Relax”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was visit this spa 2 months ago but I was very impress in their services. Spa manager 's miss Coco was very nice smile and gave me good advise for suitable spa course. My therapist gave me very smooth and relax massage. For 2 Hours peaceful and relax with super services, Why don't you come to try ?

Visited October 2013
1 Thank justman99
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Relaxing and friendly staff”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Just arrived in Chiang Mai and walked around the neighborhood when I stumbled across this spa. It had trip advisor pull up stands at the entrance and the nice lady convinced me to try once so I did a foot massage. The water fountain in the background really set the mood with soft music in the background. The massage was pleasant and the staff were all very friendly. They close at 10pm but I started my massage at 1030pm. They we're more than happy to accommodate. Nice environment, good friendly staff, and good massage. It's a little pricey for being a local massage parlor but it's good nevertheless. Go check it out.

2 Thank BullD10
Okinawa, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We had arrived in Chiang Mai on the 13th of Dec and were exhausted from the trip from Japan. We quickly searched the internet for a couple Spas close by but couldn't find the one that jumped out at us. Our receptionist recommended Kandara and even called and set it up for us. They sent a vehicle to retrieve us and deliver us to the Spa. The receptionist was EXTREMELY friendly and whisked us straight back to the first room. They brought us a delicious drink while we filled out a quick form about what we would like and any areas to focus on or avoid. While we were drinking and filling out the form they brought a very aromatic foot bath out and washed our feet and legs. My wife and I opted for the full 4 hour package that had a little bit of everything in it.
The upstairs room that they did most of the work in was set up excellent. The whole building had a very pleasent gentle smell. I have gotten several hundred Massages in many different countries and this one was by far in the top 2 I have ever received. The Therapist that I had was a very small statured Thai lady and was extremely gentle when she was positioning my body for work. But once she started working I could have sworn there was a WWF body builder doing the work. For me that was a GREAT thing. I enjoy the heavy hand of Thai massage.
After all the work was done they took us back down stairs to the first room were they did a little more foot work and some more refreshments and watermelon.
It was a little more expensive than the street vendors that are all over the Old City but for me and my Wife it was worth every penny. Still way cheaper than most other countries for the same amount of work. We plan on going back at least one or two more times.

The only 2 bad things I can say, and they are small bad things, not enough to keep us away from going again:

1. The sauna was a little small for anyone over 6 ft tall.
2. The bathroom for our floor was outside our room, But after seeing how many buildings are here in Thailand I am just glad they had a restroom.

I would highly recommend this place to my friends that travel to Chiang Mai!

2 Thank Jaymz B
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent massage”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have been to Kandara a number of times in previous years and just visited it againe and always received an excellent massage. The staff is wonderful and I will return if/when I can.

2 Thank JWColorado