“a wonderful experience”

Smart Cook Thai Cookery School
Ranked #21 of 69 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Learn the art of Thai cooking in our school to surprise all your friends and family back home. With a gourmet souvenir from Thailand that will leave a lasting impression on all.
Melbourne, Australia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“a wonderful experience”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

our family of 2 adults and 4 kids (aged 13, 10, 8 6) had a wonderful morning cooking with tan. she took us to the market where we familiarized ourselves with the many different herbs and chillies. then we walked a short distance to the cooking school. over the next few hours we made so much wonderful food. even our 6 year old loved it. since we have returned to melbourne we have made tom yum and it was excellent.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Thai Cooking Class (or so I assume)”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This has gotta be the best Thai cooking class out there (although admittedly, I haven't tried them all). The teacher I had was very friendly and easy to get along with. It's lots of fun to go out to the field and pick your own ingredients. Seeing exactly where the ingredients come from is definitely one of the main selling points of this particular cooking school. And then, the location is outside, in a nice, quiet, green shaded area in the countryside. You also get a nice booklet full of recipes to take home at the end. All the dishes I made turned out very well, which I was quite happy with. After my trip to Thailand, I went home, and have made Pad Thai numerous times and Papaya salad once or twice because of it as well. Truly, this was one of the highlights of my trip to Thailand.

Visited January 2013
The Entrance, Australia
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“No real advantage "Going to the farm"”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

A very enjoyable day cooking up a plethora of Thai dishes and then receiving a ribbon bound cookbook at the end of it all with heaps of recipes.

My only blemish on the day was going to the farm to cook. After taking a short train ride you are then made to ride push bikes to the house (with a big back yard as opposed to a farm) which is set up quite well with about 20 cooking stations.

The concept of going to the farm to cook is good...I think they need to incorporate the gardens a bit more and show people how lemongrass grows...how basil grows...etc...

Overall I would recommend Smart Cook to anyone wanting to learn how to cook Thai food.

Visited April 2013
Oslo, Norway
“The best teacher Pear.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Got picked up at the hotel by Pear our teacher. Drove us to the cook school and started making jokes:) She learned us some amazing thai dishes and I cant believe how good it was when it was me making the food. Pear was the funniest teacher I ever had in any school. I highly recommend this place and Pear as a teacher!
Thanx to Pear for the best time!
Tommy

Broadbeach, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great experance, great food”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

cooking teacher was very informative, tour of local market to explaine what food we were going to cook and how to use spices and herbs. Outdoor kitchen/classroom, so not too hot while cooking. food turned out really great. a great way to spend the morning.

Visited March 2013