Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Rama Guest House is in an excellent location in the heart of old Chiang Mai. It's close to some great restaurants, and convenient for transport, Sunday Walking St Market, and daily Sompet market. The rooms are clean and large, with hot and cold water. Wifi in rooms and in the beautiful, relaxing garden. It's a good place to meet other travellers, and the owners and staff are friendly and helpful, with information on anything you need to know. I have stayed here several times...sometimes up to 2 months at a time. I highly recommend this lovely, quiet Guest House which has a spiritual atmosphere.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Kuatarina M
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, beds a little hard, alot of noise on a night but to be expected in the city....... Some nice surrounding bars and resteraunts....... Good for backpackers..
Wifi which could not be acsses from our room!

Clean and freindly though, and nice shower toilet area

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This place is a gem! Fantastic owners, so welcoming and friendly!
I travel throughout south east Asia working, I always look forward to coming back to the Rama guesthouse.
The rooms are great - clean, spacious and quiet. The garden is so relaxing, it is difficult to stay awake whilst reading because it is so so relaxing! There's a fantastic bar attached to the guesthouse, perfect for having a beer after taking in the sights of Chiang Mai.
The location is great, there are many bars and restaurants within touching distance.
So, great hosts, great rooms, great garden, great bar - why stay anywhere else?
If I'm in Chiang Mai I'm staying at Rama!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank crbrowne_11
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Chiang mai was my first destination in Thailand and I came to the Rama inn through a friends recommendation I originally planned to stay for a night or two but here I still am after just over 2 weeks and I couldn't be happier. The first thing that hit me was the beautiful inner garden they have which the rooms open up to which I have spent much time relaxing in. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and the wifi works well in my room. The location is also very good as it's very central and has everything you want very nearby but what really made me love this place is the incredibly friendly owners since first arriving they have made me feel more then welcome It is my first time travelling alone and thanks to their kindness I have not yet missed home not to mention they were always extremely happy to help me with any problems or questions I had. Overall If you come to chiang mai I can't recommend enough you pay a visit to Rama inn I'm sure you will not be disappointed!

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank rougetraveller1991
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Ouch, I am amazed how people can complain with this kind of childish ignorance and hide the facts.
If I read well the bed bug story, being two in the same room and only one got bitten.
Have to be honest and be aware that the problem was for sure annoying.
But to demolish a guesthouse for a problem that any can encounter and coming from abroad ; that is full of pity.
I have been twice to the Rama G.H. and nothing to declare :)

Room tip: Just ask !
Date of stay: June 2012