My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights in July 2014. We had a room with an upstairs balcony facing the pool. The room was clean, spacious and the jacuzzi bath and shower (staff replaced baths salts and shower gels etc. each day) were such a treat.
As other people have said the hotel and gardens are lovely. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We ate in and had breakfast in the restaurant and the food was spot on.
I really suffer from getting bitten by insects but the hotel had a mosquito net around the bed, the resort smelt of the lovely lemony smell of insect repellant and they fumigated the resort during my stay. Therefore, I got half as many bites as I was expecting!
During our stay there was a large building being constructed across the road from the hotel, we could see the works being completed as we left our room. The work started at 7am in the morning. This wasn't too much of a problem as I am a heavy sleeper but could have been disruptive to some - nothing that could have been helped.
I also had a massage at the hotel during my stay. This was a treat as it was far more pricey than the 200 baht massages available in Chiangmai Mai but worth every penny as it was a beautiful spa to have the treatment in and the staff were great.
The main reason that I gave the hotel a 4/5 is the location. It is too far to walk into Central Chiang Mai, the hotel taxi is 300 baht to get there and tuktuks, although we found one on the one occasion that we needed one, are few and far between. However, the hotel does run a shuttle bus in the morning afternoon and evening. Just make sure you book in advance (I think that said 4 hours before) to avoid being disappointed and stuck without very much to do (apart from lazing by the pool).
Another point, aside from the hotel I would like to add... If you are hoping to visit the elephant sanctuary during your stay, book well in advance to avoid the disappointment we had.
We enjoyed our stay. Organise your time and the location is not a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chiang Mai was the centre of the Lanna kingdom, and with interiors fitted out in natural fabrics and teak, roofs made from 80-year-old teak beams, and intricate carvings that show the touch of a true craftsman, the design of this atmospheric four-star boutique resort reflects the kingdom’s heritage. Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection has 85 spacious rooms and villas (from 44 to 356 square metres of total living space), with the option of direct pool access or a private pool, and each with a Jacuzzi thus adding a holistic touch to any Chiang Mai holiday. Beautiful surrounds and spacious interiors with teak furnishings and wood floors throughout make the rooms and villas a comfortable retreat for couples and families, and perfectly evoke the Lanna heritage. Wellbeing facilities include a Spa Cenvaree, the perfect retreat after of a busy day of sightseeing, exploring the valleys surrounding the city or discovering the unique culture of the ‘Rose of the North’, and a fitness centre. The resort is also home to a lagoon-shaped swimming pool surrounded by century-old trees and meandering canals. The resort also has a restaurant and two bars. For shopping aficionados, the complimentary shuttle service connects to Chiang Mai’s night markets and to Central Festival Chiang Mai shopping centre which is only 10 minutes away, so is the old town. The resort is a mere 20-minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Khum Phaya Resort And Spa Centara Boutique Collection
- Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection Hotel Chiang Mai