Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lancelot Residence(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
Suan Pa Mae Jam(Chiang Mai)
  • Room Service
Thipsiri Lord(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
Eden Garden Resort(Chiang Mai)
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)
1,103 results
All reviewspool access roombig cpool barjet showerjacuzzi bathshuttle buscentral festivalbeautiful hotelhotel taxipool sidemosquito netbeautiful poolour honeymoontour desklanna stylewater featuresegg station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel and really breathtaking in its design. We had a pool access room and it was fantastic being able to step right into the massive pool straight from our balcony. The room was lovely with a huge comfortable bed, jacuzzi bath and big walk in shower. It really is a fantastic resort. Unfortunately we did not find the level of service as good as one would expect from this kind of resort. With the exception of a lovely young lady called AE who worked on the reception at night, and one of the drivers, the rest of the staff were not exactly friendly. I am not sure if it was a language thing but they just didn't speak or smile at all. The other downside of the resort is its location. Its a good 15 - 20 minutes away from the town centre. The hotel has one shuttle bus which leaves at 10am and 7pm each night but holds about 10 people. On one occassion we were told it was full so had to pay for a return taxi trip at a cost of about £12. On another occassion we were told it was full on the way back so we would have to make our own arrangements so that was another £6. Surely they should have put on repeat shuttle at 7:30pm if it had booked out by 9am that morning.

If you are looking for a beautiful hotel with a fantastic pool and really amazing rooms then this is a perfect hotel. They just need to sort out the shuttle bus and get the reception staff to look up and smile more when guests are arriving our walking though.

Room Tip: pool access all the way.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kenmlove
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Kenmlove,

First and foremost a very good morning to you and also thanks for your recent comment posted in TripAdvisor.

We are happy to hear that you loved our resort very much and really appreciate your kind words to Ae our Receptionist. We will definitely mentioned this during our meeting to her superior.

As for the other areas, we are glad you brought up with regard to the friendliness of staff. From time to time we have our training session of Thai 'wai and smile' and we will definitely look into this matter to perhaps increase this training more regularly.

Our complimentary shuttles service starts at 10 am, 2 pm, 4 pm(only on weekend) and 7 pm with the last pick up from town at 10 pm.It is on first come first serve basis but should the requirement exceeded we do our best to put on extra shuttle.

Thanking you for you time again and we shall look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hotel has a wonderful atmosphere and the rooms are luxuriously equipped, the rooms at the beautiful pool are totally awesome.
The bed was poor and failed to sheets too small so you sleep after 1 hour directly on the mattress, no I did not sleep well.
The bathroom is a great pleasure with super deluxe shower and whirlpool.
You're pretty close to the center that is well accessible (we were in the car but a taxi will not cost much).

There were a lot of mosquitoes, even in the room when we first arrived (I think sloppy). The on-site spa will certainly good, but overprice, so very sorry, but we did that in the city.
The restaurant is pretty much too expensive, and let the wine but completely omitted 350 bath for a glass of wine .... madness, especially for an ordinary restaurant.
When picking out the menu, I had to make another choice to 4 times because the chosen court was out of stock ....... just ridiculous.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Hanskrake
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Hanskrake,

Thanks for your time taken to post your comment recently.

Our apology to your for it seems that nothing has gone quite right for you during your stay. It is indeed first time we heard that our bed sheet did not fit in on the mattress. Nevertheless, we are in the midst of changing all our linens soon. We are still waiting for the first load to arrive. However, as our hotel is built within a full landscaped gardens, we could not avoid insects and bugs (those beautiful, cute and ugly such as mosquitoes. We do fumigate our resort on a regular basis to bring down the mozzies population.

As for the price, I am not sure with which establishment are you comparing with? If compare with establishment outside of hospitality such as groceries or supermarkets, I have to agree with you that the prices at the hotels will be higher. But comparing with other hotels we are still below the high-end.

Menus, I am still wondering what items that were not available for your to chose in our menus during your stay. If you can be more precise as we have wide selection of menus available and I do not think that the waiting staff have to reject your choice of offer 4 times.

Nevertheless I will further investigate in the matter and I do really appreciate you shared your experience with us.

Once again, thanked for staying with us and we hope to have you back here again or continue using our brand.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel seems nice in term of its building but the sign of lousy service appeared as soon as I arrived since no staff came to assisted with the luggages. I needed to when to the reception to call one. Furthermore, there were lots of mosquitoes in the room and the walls had lots of stains of previous guests smashing the mosquitoes against them. At night, I found cockroach on the bed. I killed it and requested the housekeeping to come cleaning the bug and the bed but it took ages for them to show up. Next morning when I showered my kid, the shower gel bottle fell down while I was pumping the gel (I hold it in my hand) because the housekeeping didn't properly tighten the cap. It almost hit my kid and the bottle broke, leavings sharp fragments on the floor. Worst, the hotel personnel tried to charge me for the broken shower gel bottle. Worst experience with any hotels ever.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Paitoon L
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear June L,

I am terribly sorry for what had happened to your stay recently which things went wrong from the first place you arrived. Our apology for the what you have had to endure.

We will be more alert in foreseeing guests coming during checking in and I will certainly speak to the front office.

As for bugs outside the resort, I cannot say much due to our vast landscaped gardens which we do fumigate mosquitoes including bugs externally once a week. No bugs have been reported in the rooms except mosquitoes which tend to get in when the doors or windows were left opened during the cleaning process. Nevertheless our maids will spray the rooms after finishing their job. Sometimes, tiny butterflies do get in too.

As for the shower gel, our apology for the incident, it was reported to me and our supervisors double checked all rooms and facilities before releasing for the next guests. However we do apologies for what had happened,

Thanks for bring all this up and please do not let this deter you from coming back or using our brand again.

Looking forward to have you back here.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My stay here was a wonderful experience. Everyone who worked there was helpful and friendly and would gladly assist you with anything you needed.

At the suggestion of other Trip Advisors we got a poolside room. This was wonderful because not only was it beautiful but it was nice to step out the patio door and take a dip. The room was luxurious to us after traveling for 10 days and the bathroom was wonderful complete with an enclosed shower and a separate jacuzzi tub.

We ordered room service one evening due to monsoon-type rains and the food came promptly and it was the best room service food I've ever had. We did eat at one of the hotel's restaurants and the food was of good quality but it was expensive. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the selection was good.

All and all I would stay here again if I was in Chiang Mai and wanted to be spoiled.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms appeared to be the best at the resort. The only negative about being poolside was that we were located near the children's swim area and they were a bit noisy starting at 8 am. However, I didn't mind the sound of happy children speaking different languages and playing together.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear OryGun_Girl10,

It was a great pleasure to have you with us recently at our resort and we are all so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your great experience to all my associates and I am very sure they will be so delighted to have received another good comment from our valued customer. Certainly a reward for all their hard work.

Have a good day and hope to have you back here soon.

Regards.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Thank you so much for a Wonderful Stay at Khum Phaya Resort!!! We loved our time there and hope to return again. The hotel grounds are beautiful as is the pool, SPA facility and your staff. Thank you for making our Honeymoon so memorable at the Khum Phaya Resort!!

Room Tip: Rooms 3101-3104 & 5101-5104 are good if you have kids otherwise book rooms 3105 & 5105 & up to be away from kids area of the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear JPDragon1964,

Million thanks for taking your time to write such a wonderful comment on TripAdvisor. Your comment really will further inspire our staff to work even harder.

They are all very delighted to hear that you have had a wonderful honeymooner with us and we are all looking forward to your next visit already.