Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lancelot Residence(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
Suan Pa Mae Jam(Chiang Mai)
  • Room Service
Thipsiri Lord(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
Eden Garden Resort(Chiang Mai)
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)
1,104 results
All reviewspool access roombig cpool barjet showerjacuzzi bathshuttle buscentral festivalbeautiful hotelhotel taxipool sidemosquito netbeautiful poolour honeymoontour desklanna stylewater featuresegg station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Recently spent three nights at the resort with my family. I was a little concerned initially with how close the property was located to the main road and local businesses. But, once you get past the check in area it is really quiet and peaceful. With five people, we had to rent at least two large rooms. We ended up booking the Pool Villas in the far back corner of the resort. It was really nice and we had our own private pool and family lounging area in addition to our very spacious rooms. Each room had a wonderful large king bed with bug netting, flat screen tv, steam room/shower, massage room and outdoor whirpool tub. There was a large outdoor kitchen as well and very tranquil seating area down near the rivers edge. The only drawback to the river being the back property line was the mosquitos. Bug spray is absolutely required if you plan to be out at all in the evenings.

The main pool was very nice and large. It flows through the middle of the property and has a kids pool on one end and a swim up bar at the other. Because we were there mid week in the off season, we never saw it opened.

Pool side dining is available, quality of the food was great and prices were reasonable. Service was good and friendly. Breakfast had a nice assosrtmnet of Thai specialties, made to order egg dishes and of course all the wonderful Thai fruits. My wife appreciated that latte's and cappuccino's were available upon request. We had good wifi access nearly everywhere.

Good transpertation to and from the airport via the front desk.

Overall a very nice place and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin C
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Kevin C,

Thank you so much for your recent posting in Tripadvisor.

You comment will certainly inspire our staff to work harder and to maintain the standard of service. I will definitely share with them.

Hope to see you again and let us know or drop us a line or two should you need any further assistance.

Best regards.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I made the choice to stay at this resort after reading some of the reviews. The location was actually an attraction, it was quiet and peaceful - a place to relax and lounge by the pool. That part of my stay lived up to my expectation. The trip in and out of city really wasn't too bad - and actually quite enjoyable.

The Big C nearby - its like a massive superstore/macro where you can get food, drinks etc and the shopping centre has some other benefits.

What I loved about the resort (in no particular order)
The room to pool access
The jet showers
The spa was heavenly (although a glass of water instead of a biscuit wouldn't have gone astray after a 2.5 hour treatment)

Additional feedback -
The service wasn't that great. My room wasn't re-stocked daily which meant I had to call reception most days (like getting my towels delivered). I had a couple of other problems during my stay and I didn't find the staff particularly helpful, and when I checked out - no one even asked if I had enjoyed my stay which I found was a bit odd. I've stayed at lots of hotels before where I have felt the staff have really contributed and made the holiday stay so enjoyable.
The laundry service is very expensive (though quick).

Overall its a nice hotel and good value. If you are after some R&R then this is the place.

Room Tip: Get pool access, it is worth it if the weather is good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Planningatrip1234,

First and foremost, my sincere apology to you for the delayed in delivering the towels to your room. We will take your comment seriously and will make sure that this service is promptly delivered to all our guests.

As for the departure, again my apology for not having someone to bid you farewell. This is not our excuse but this must have been overlooked as we are doing our best not to single out any guests upon arrival and departure. I personally do my best to bid farewell to all our guests but I must admit I have sometimes to delegate this part to my team. My apology again.

We hope this particular unfavorable services will not deter you from visiting us again.

We shall be looking forward to have you back here and please do not hesitate to contact us direct should you need any further assistance.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a great room in this sprawling resort on the outskirts of the city of Chiang Mai. Grounds are beautiful, lush and green, with every room facing the enlongated pool. The rooms matched the beauty of the grounds; while not huge they were very comfortable and attractive. The staff was attentive and courteous, and the delicious buffet breakfast came with a number of options, both Thai and Western cuisine. But the gem of this resort is the pool. It is easy to want to spend the day relaxing in this amazing environment instead of exploring the enchanting province of Chiang Mai! It is hard to believe this resort is in the city and only a couple hundred meters from a busy highway! The only way into the city is by car, but taxis are inexpensive.

The only thing that wasn't spectacular at Khum Phaya was a dinner we had at the restaurant there, it was fine and a bit expensive but nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: Request a first floor room so you have access from the bedroom directly into the pool!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear jjnboise,

Thanks for recent comments posted here. We are all very happy to hear that you have had a wonderful time spent with us at the resort.

Your positive comments and experience will be shared among our staff here.

Please do not hesitate contact us again should you have plans to visit our resort in the near future.
Have a good weekend.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Khum Praya, I totally fall in love with you.

I travel to Chiangmai more several times for both business and leisure. But this is the first time that I stay in Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection.

May I kindly recap as follow

Pro+
1. Room - with totally Lanna style, you will feel that you stay in Northern Thailand , nice room size, golden teak furniture , Jacuzzi in every room with separate toilet and shower, comfy bed with good solution for DBL/TWN bed.

2. Swimming pool - This is a really lovely , very wide and long, seems like a lake. with some Jacuzzi spot and kind corner.

3. Decoration - Hotel with Lanna Decoration and lots of trees on the premise , you feel like you come to House of Governor ( meaning of Khum Praya in Northern Thai). Nice premise decoration concept

4. Free Shuttle Bus to Night Bazaar & walking street

5. Free wifi in room

6. Varied choice of breakfast

Cons-
1. Lots of leave fall down on swimming pool. It's may be raining season or whatever, but would be great if you stand by staffs to clean ans keep pool nice. But it's not a huge deal

2. Breakfast service - staff is smile and attentive, but seems lack of staff for ABF rush hours. I have to wait a bit long for coffee

3. Wifi is not accessible in case of many people use or raining.

4. Location - Hotel is located in New Chiangmai Business Area , another side of Super Highway, close to Khum Kantoke, Big C, and they have 7-11 convenience store in walking distance. But it's far from Chiangmai Tourist attractions and main night market

Overall, I fall in love this hotel, if you are do the full day tour and don;r mind for location. HIGHLY recommend to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nattawut K
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear K Nattawut K,

Greetings from Khum Phaya Resort and Spa, Centara Boutique Collection!

Thank you so much for taking your time to write on Tripadvisor on a lengthy comment. We do really appreciated that.

We are really happy to hear that you have enjoyed very much during your recent stay with us and have such a good experience.

With regards to the breakfast service, we are now implementing a new service which our staff will carry the pots of coffee and tea around the restaurant to fill up the cups of the guests, instead of placing the pots on the hot plates like currently. My apology for the delayed in serving you your coffee.

Our gardeners are sweeping the leaves on a daily basis and our engineering team also collected the fallen leaves from the pool in the morning. As now the weather change to a warmer season, we are now experiencing the shading of leaves from the trees. However we are also constantly cleaning the walk ways, sweeping and collecting the fallen dead leaves.

We do hope you will continue recommending our resort to your friends, colleagues and families and please do not hesitate to contact us direct again should you need further assistance.

Best regards and looking forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had a week here and absolutely LOVED it. The initial email bookings were prompt and detailed. A transfer car was waiting for us at the airport. The hotel is gorgeous, with an open air foyer/reception in traditional Lanna style. Our room was beautiful - welcome rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed, with a beautiful netting canopy. The bathroom was large with a deep spa bath, large shower with multiple jets (great pressure) and excellent quality bathroom products. But the best part was the view from our room - open the double glass doors (one-way glass for privacy) to a paving-type flat balcony with 2 chairs & a table, then straight onto the lagoon pool. The water is literally at your doorstep. It was gorgeous!! The pool winds its way around the front of all the rooms, with a swim-up bar at one end and little islands where you can lie on the sun-lounges. There are waterfalls, fountains and frangipani trees all around. It really is one of the most tranquil and beautiful settings we've stayed in anywhere in the world. The water was obviously cooler at this time of year, but we still swam. The staff are lovely and we'd like to make a special mention to Mr. Mit and Mr. Toy who looked after us with taxis, tours and information. They were so patient and friendly - wonderful staff. In fact, ALL the staff are wonderful, from the front desk who telephoned a hairdressers for me (thank you), to the ground's staff who keep the resort looking beautiful. Even the Resort's manager chatted to the guests at breakfast, which is always lovely to see. There is an outdoor bar with a waterfall and the restaurant, where breakfast is also held, was lovely and welcoming. The breakfast was fantastic with a selection of cooked meals, cereals, breads/pastries, fruit, etc etc - perfect. we had snacks there too, which were lovely and really well priced. The Hotel is a little way out of town - about 15 minutes by tuk tuk, but it only costs around 200-300 Baht one way ($6AUD), so really, it's no big deal. We liked the fact that it was in such a peaceful area and if you need them, there are a few shops (& the hairdresser) a simple walk away and a small market held a few days a week (though we didn't go - we went to the night markets in town). The Hotel also has a traditional Thai restaurant/show next door which was well worth it. You sit on mats on the floor (with back rests) and served a beautiful meal while you watch the show. Afterwards, we lit candle-lanterns and let them go into the sky - a perfect last night there. Chiang Mai is wonderful, the Night Markets are fantastic and the Walking Market is a must too (Sunday only). Mr. Mit recommended that we visit the Doi Suthep Temple & Chiang Dao Elephant Camp (a true elephant conservation project), which were both fantastic. We also used Hollywood Smile Dentist which we were extremely happy with (see my reviews of them all). We went in late Jan/early Feb and yes, there are a few mosquitoes, so either take your own repellent or buy it at the chemist. They weren't such a big issue as many have said and the bed canopy really did work, we weren't bothered at all. This was their winter (30C every day - perfect) and apparently the only time the mosquitoes get really bad is during the rainy season. The only things I could mention was the lighting in the bathroom was quite dim unless the shutters were pulled back (but not a real problem) and make sure you don't drink the water. Water is provided daily, so again, not a real problem. I loved Chiang Mai - the best out of all the areas we travelled to in Thailand. It was so laid back, but with all the shopping and sights you'd want. The people are so lovely and patient, even when guests or tourists behave badly. I would recommend you taking the names of any place you want to visit, or your Hotel, to show tuk tuk drivers to help with the language barrier, afterall, we are in their country. We LOVED Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection so much, I'd love to buy one of the rooms and go back every year!!

Room Tip: We took the advice of another tripadvisor & booked a room that did not have the steep drop into the pool. We also preferred the rooms not opposite the children's pool slide, as we weren't travelling with our children this time. Room 5108 is the best in that regard & is right opposite a bridge to one of the sun-bed islands.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lyse-Scott
KPCChiangMai, General Manager at Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Lyse-Scott,

First and foremost, our sincere thanks to you for the recent comment. Your very positive comments certainly will lift up our staff morale and motivation to even work harder. We are all so happy to hear that you have had enjoyed every bits of your stay here.

Your compliments to Mr Wit and Mr Toy will be delivered to them and I am sure they will be delighted to hear that.

We hope to have your here again soon and please do not hesitate to write to us should you need further enquiries or assistance. We will be more than happy to offer you our services.

Thanking you again.