We had a week here and absolutely LOVED it. The initial email bookings were prompt and detailed. A transfer car was waiting for us at the airport. The hotel is gorgeous, with an open air foyer/reception in traditional Lanna style. Our room was beautiful - welcome rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed, with a beautiful netting canopy. The bathroom was large with a deep spa bath, large shower with multiple jets (great pressure) and excellent quality bathroom products. But the best part was the view from our room - open the double glass doors (one-way glass for privacy) to a paving-type flat balcony with 2 chairs & a table, then straight onto the lagoon pool. The water is literally at your doorstep. It was gorgeous!! The pool winds its way around the front of all the rooms, with a swim-up bar at one end and little islands where you can lie on the sun-lounges. There are waterfalls, fountains and frangipani trees all around. It really is one of the most tranquil and beautiful settings we've stayed in anywhere in the world. The water was obviously cooler at this time of year, but we still swam. The staff are lovely and we'd like to make a special mention to Mr. Mit and Mr. Toy who looked after us with taxis, tours and information. They were so patient and friendly - wonderful staff. In fact, ALL the staff are wonderful, from the front desk who telephoned a hairdressers for me (thank you), to the ground's staff who keep the resort looking beautiful. Even the Resort's manager chatted to the guests at breakfast, which is always lovely to see. There is an outdoor bar with a waterfall and the restaurant, where breakfast is also held, was lovely and welcoming. The breakfast was fantastic with a selection of cooked meals, cereals, breads/pastries, fruit, etc etc - perfect. we had snacks there too, which were lovely and really well priced. The Hotel is a little way out of town - about 15 minutes by tuk tuk, but it only costs around 200-300 Baht one way ($6AUD), so really, it's no big deal. We liked the fact that it was in such a peaceful area and if you need them, there are a few shops (& the hairdresser) a simple walk away and a small market held a few days a week (though we didn't go - we went to the night markets in town). The Hotel also has a traditional Thai restaurant/show next door which was well worth it. You sit on mats on the floor (with back rests) and served a beautiful meal while you watch the show. Afterwards, we lit candle-lanterns and let them go into the sky - a perfect last night there. Chiang Mai is wonderful, the Night Markets are fantastic and the Walking Market is a must too (Sunday only). Mr. Mit recommended that we visit the Doi Suthep Temple & Chiang Dao Elephant Camp (a true elephant conservation project), which were both fantastic. We also used Hollywood Smile Dentist which we were extremely happy with (see my reviews of them all). We went in late Jan/early Feb and yes, there are a few mosquitoes, so either take your own repellent or buy it at the chemist. They weren't such a big issue as many have said and the bed canopy really did work, we weren't bothered at all. This was their winter (30C every day - perfect) and apparently the only time the mosquitoes get really bad is during the rainy season. The only things I could mention was the lighting in the bathroom was quite dim unless the shutters were pulled back (but not a real problem) and make sure you don't drink the water. Water is provided daily, so again, not a real problem. I loved Chiang Mai - the best out of all the areas we travelled to in Thailand. It was so laid back, but with all the shopping and sights you'd want. The people are so lovely and patient, even when guests or tourists behave badly. I would recommend you taking the names of any place you want to visit, or your Hotel, to show tuk tuk drivers to help with the language barrier, afterall, we are in their country. We LOVED Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection so much, I'd love to buy one of the rooms and go back every year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection has 85 spacious rooms and villas (from 44 to 356 sqm of total living space), with the option of direct pool access or a private pool, and each with a Jacuzzi. Beautiful surrounds and spacious interiors with teak furnishings and wood floors throughout make the rooms and villas a comfortable retreat for couples and families. Wellbeing facilities include a fitness centre and a Spa Cenvaree, the perfect retreat after of a busy day of sightseeing or exploring. The resort is also home to a lagoon-shaped swimming pool surrounded by century-old trees and meandering canals. The resort also has a restaurant and two bars. For shopping aficionados, the complimentary shuttle service connects to Chiang Mai’s night markets and to Central Festival Chiang Mai shopping centre which is only 10 minutes away, so is the old town. The resort is a mere 20-minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Khum Phaya Resort And Spa Centara Boutique Collection
- Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection Hotel Chiang Mai