I spend 5 nights with my 3 kids in the khum phaya hotel in Chiang May and I must say it is great vaue for money hotel though even pricy. The traditional Thai design rooms, houses and pool make it very relaxing and extremely pleasant. Most of the staff were great and very helping. One lady at the reception was not very kind and and could only answer by no - which is strange for Thai people in general. She made me feel I was disturbing her while I needed her help...
But once again ther hotel design and vibe compensated for this little inconsistency.
The hotel is located outside the city of Chiang Mai, so you would need a cab ride to get there. There is a local market with quite some bars and restaurants arounds with primarelly 99.99% locals, so this is great but the food is not too much tuned for my 6 and 10 years old duche :-).
The distance from the center makes it that you are last in the drops of activities and seating I the back of a pick is always a great experience if it can be shortend :-) all in the hotel design and pool relaxing atmosphere makes it a great place to stay in Chiang Mai. Make sure you get a room far away from the busy road where tuk tuk whizz along, and plan your excussion with the hotel - not really more expensive than downtown so you can get drop off first when you are exhausted - it is really a magical place to relax and the vibe is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chiang Mai was the centre of the Lanna kingdom, and with interiors fitted out in natural fabrics and teak, roofs made from 80-year-old teak beams, and intricate carvings that show the touch of a true craftsman, the design of this atmospheric four-star boutique resort reflects the kingdom’s heritage. Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection has 85 spacious rooms and villas (from 44 to 356 square metres of total living space), with the option of direct pool access or a private pool, and each with a Jacuzzi thus adding a holistic touch to any Chiang Mai holiday. Beautiful surrounds and spacious interiors with teak furnishings and wood floors throughout make the rooms and villas a comfortable retreat for couples and families, and perfectly evoke the Lanna heritage. Wellbeing facilities include a Spa Cenvaree, the perfect retreat after of a busy day of sightseeing, exploring the valleys surrounding the city or discovering the unique culture of the ‘Rose of the North’, and a fitness centre. The resort is also home to a lagoon-shaped swimming pool surrounded by century-old trees and meandering canals. The resort also has a restaurant and two bars. For shopping aficionados, the complimentary shuttle service connects to Chiang Mai’s night markets and to Central Festival Chiang Mai shopping centre which is only 10 minutes away, so is the old town. The resort is a mere 20-minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Khum Phaya Resort And Spa Centara Boutique Collection
- Khum Phaya Resort & Spa Centara Boutique Collection Hotel Chiang Mai