“Great for value”

Ranked #27 of 733 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Israel
“Great for value”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Staff were great and helpfull, nice location, good value for price. There were lockers in lobby -not in room, you need a lock. They took us from the airport for free after we asked them one day ahead.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I don't think I have gotten snobby in my older (below 30 still!) age however having stayed in hostels for 6 months traveling elsewhere in years previous I found this hostel to be slightly below what I was hoping for.

First the positives, the staff were friendly and keen to help. They did not push us to book activities and were very capable of booking us on the trips we did want. The food was good considering the size of the hostel offering a variety of options to choose from. The location in the old city was good to get around the area on foot whilst also being close enough to hail a tuk-tuk if required.

On the negative, the room...although spacious with a TV with plenty of channels and air con was very basic, on top of this the bathroom wasn't very nice especially since the plug for the water in the shower was non-existent just leaving a hole in the floor. The rooms themselves are all off long corridors with mesh/material top walls which while not a problem for us could be if any noisy groups are around or any smokers. The worst thing about the room though was a mini infestation (probably too strong a word) of ants, which we found crawling around our room, bed and bathroom. By infestation I'm talking about 20-30 ants but still enough to put us off After some serious use of 95% DEET the ants did not return but our opinion had already been tainted.

In conclusion I wouldn't recommend staying here personally and after speaking with other travelers in Chiang Mai know there are better alternatives

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James O
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed in Junior Guest House with my boyfriend whilst travelling for two nights! It was clean, with good wifi, a good bed and tv. The balcony in our room was basically a brick wall with holes in the top. It was a five minute walk from the Sunday night walking market which was good and the staff were really friendly!

• Stayed July 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I booked only for 1 night and ended up staying for 4. I really enjoyed my stay at Junior house. It is not expensive to stay here and the rooms are excellent considering how low the cost is.

I found the room to be clean to a very high standard and I could not fault anything about the room. The bed was very comfortable and there was no outside noise ensuring a good nights sleep. They have a choice of both fan and air con rooms. They offer free wifi and it worked perfectly from my laptop up in the room.

The staff here are very helpful and friendly. They suggested places to go to visit and organised tuktuks and activities for me whenever I asked them. They were never pushy and trying to get me to buy tours etc like some places I've stayed at. They explained all the good places to eat and pointed out the places of interest on the map. Everything is walking distance but you can get the red taxi's around town, they are dirt cheap.

If I come to Chang Mai I would stay here again without hesitation and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet and there is no street noise as its in a quiet street off the main road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank zeg81
Bradford
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The rooms are large and spacious and have satellite tv, comfy beds and even a little balcony. The only thing missing for us was air conditioning, but we had a fan above our bed wich was ok, as the rooms are very cheap. What really made this hotel special was the excellent staff, who would help you with anything and give you really great recommendations for your stay in chaing mai and also you could sit and have a laught with them in the hotels restaurant. Suki is crazy.......in a good way!!
Defenatly recommend this hotel to everyone who visits Chang mai.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joshua B
Reviewed June 7, 2012

i totally recommend this place! the ppl who work here will help you with absolutely everything and offer the nicest chats ever, the rooms are spacious, perfectly clean and generally the whole place has a great atmosphere. you feel they care about u as if you were a family member they havent seen long and missed. amazing.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Jeff and Suki are amazing! They helped us plan tours and inform us about the area. Rooms are big and clean. Love that they always remembered your name and joked aroynd with you. Jeff even went out to get us some Khao Soi to try when we asked about it.Overall one of the best guesthouseswe have stayed at. Would for sure stay there again if we ever return.

• Stayed May 2012