“Like at Home”
Review of Baan JaJa

Baan JaJa
Ranked #83 of 776 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I spent in this nice guest house the first 10 days in january,it was my first time in Thailand and always when i arrive in a new country specially the first days i feel little bit disorientated but the friendly presence of the owners Tao and Nat made me feel at home so that i came back for the last days holiday in february.
Clean rooms,nice area relax where i met people from everywhere,internet point,bike service,temples close and the grate "sunday walking market stret".

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank raffadatorino
There are newer reviews for Baan JaJa

Reviewed March 2, 2010

Tao & Nud, the owners are really friendly and particularly helpful. They make you feel like home and your stay very confortable. This lovely place is totally quiet and the rooms are clean, water, hot drinks and WIFI are included in the room rate. Furthermore you can use a fridge, a toaster and a microwave. For me it's simply the place to stay in Chiang Mai - you will love this guesthouse.

1  Thank Pressbaum
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Stayed for 4 nights during my stay in Chiang Mai. Glad that I have opted for Baan Nud-Kun instead of others in the area. It was love at first sight for me when I asked to view the room.

Room is big and clean, with accessibility to free wifi. The common area is cozy and good for relaxing after a long walk. The guesthouse do not have a restaurant but there is a fridge, toaster and microwave oven for guest who want to warm their food from the convenience store.

The guesthouse is slightly off the main road (2-3mins walk) and in the morning, I was woken by birds chirping outside the room and not motor vehicles.

The owners Nud (Mrs Tao) and husband Kun are very friendly and always ready to provide help and information.

Really enjoy my stay and will definitely stay there again if I were to visit Chiang Mai in the future.

1  Thank TanHL
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Our best hotel experience at this trip to Thailand!
The staff was fab. , and the guesthouse was idyllic and was laying in the Old City.

Just 5min to the stores (7/11 etc.) , and just at the Ta pahe gate.

Very cheap, clean and free coffee.. ;)

We,ll come back for sure!!!

Vivi og Kristine

1  Thank Krisser
Reviewed February 18, 2010

After seeing the sign advertising free wifi and coffee we decided to check it out and were not disappointed. Wifi reception on our laptop was excellent in all of the rooms we had over the various nights we spent there. The rooms are immaculate, the hang out area is inviting with an attention to detail unsurpassed in accomodation at this level. Tao is a little bundle of energy and her, and her husband are a mine of information (and got us 10% on everything we booked through them) and the friendliest people we met in Thailand. The central location just rounds everything off perfectly.

1  Thank tommyandkraut
Reviewed February 18, 2010

We are traveling now for nearly one year around asia, and have seen really a lot of different guesthouses. the baan nud-kun is THE cleanest, we have ever seen, no joke.
tao&nat, the two kind and very helpful owners, looking carefully after this lovely place, also with great enthusiasm by their own and make it easy fealing like home.
The rooms are nice and in a minimalistic style, new renovated and in a own solid building on 3 levels. The roofed central courtyard with a lot of plants and flowers, furnished with some esthetic cosy interieur is more a quiet relaxing living-room. Anyhow the location of the Guesthouse is great - very central (only 3 minutes from the Sunday Night Market) but even though very quiet and away from the buzz
we can also highly recommend this place for longterms, because of the missing hullabaloo and the open atmosphere. we stayed already one month in november and going to return again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank guenic
Reviewed February 17, 2010

This is honestly the best guesthouse I've stayed in during my 5 months traveling in Asia, and is a true example of what a 'guesthouse' should be. Its great value with the upstairs room being 350b/night. The cleanliness is the best I've seen anywhere as Tao, the owner, is fanatical about this! Along with her husband, Nud, they have developed a wonderful 'home away from home' and are fantastic hosts. Daily I've seen them go out of their way for their guests, including myself as I stayed here with my partner for over 1 month after I broke my foot. They have added homely little touches like free water, fruit and a selection of teas of coffee for you to choose from daily. I think one of the best things about this place though is the friendly atmosphere as there is a sheltered common area outside where everyone tends to mingle or just relax in a hammock . Its also located near shops and restaurants and the( legendary!) Sunday market is just at the end of the street.

1  Thank livz83