All reviews great location old town hot water guest house great place to stay comfy bed stayed here for nights no lift fresh towels massage places short walk sunday night market deluxe room reception area rooms are spacious chang mai fridge
Reviewed February 22, 2019

We stayed here for 2 nights when we first got to Thailand. Reception staff are very nice, and keen to help. Location is very quiet, away from main roads, in a nice walking street, peaceful (but touristy) neighbourhood. Note, that car access to the door is a bit difficult (we had a slight walk which was fine for us).

Only negative on this was price. We paid 1200/Bt per night, which I think is a bit above average for this standard in Thailand. (Most guesthouses are 600 - 900 Bht). Having said that, Chang Mai is a bit pricier than Chang Rai, and the smaller towns on Northern Thailand.

Room tip: quiet, so pretty much all rooms are ok. But some are up 3 flights of stairs.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

This guesthouse is amazing value for money. It’s situated close to anything you might need in the old town; shops, bars, restaurants, plus the Sunday night market! Free coffee/tea available at all times. Staff are very helpful and attentive. The WiFi can be a bit sketchy (obviously depending where your room is), no fridge and the bed isn’t the comfiest but my partner and I really didn’t mind because of the price and the location. Would 100% stay again but only for longer!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2019

I can attest that @Tampa was overcharged as I was standing right there and her the lady working ask for over 20,000 baht. I know this because I was standing 3 feet away and thought to myself dang that's a lot of money in the US as I put the amount into my baht/US converter and it came to over $600. The owner/manager then said we can check the video which we patiently waited on for the entire length of our stay only to find out the "company" who records the video never called back. I can tell you one thing. We paid over 20,000 baht. I am interested to see/hear if this so called video company ever called back to verify. I think not...although the owner/manager claimed at the time that the "video" should show how much was paid. I know how much was paid and how much should have been paid as far as booking.com is concerned. I don't know why we didn't check the paperwork at the time of check-in to make sure we paid the right amount. Also, don't understand why they say there policy is to "not give receipts" that sounds shady to me. When we did ask for the receipt later that day, the girl working kept putting it off until 2 days later. Obviously, I don't expect for anyone to be returning any money at this point, but this review is for the sole purpose to have anyone checking into this hotel to verify how much they are supposed to pay before walking up to the counter. The hotel itself and the people working seemed nice, but this goes to a matter of trust and honesty. If you are unsure, then pick another hotel. There are plenty of others around.

Room tip: Get a first floor room. There are no elevators
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank treywise
Reviewed January 19, 2019 via mobile

We loved this place. It’s a great location, excellent value for money.

Our rooms were very clean and the air con effective.

Only things to keep in mind are that there is no lift. If you have heavy bags the staff will help you with those.

Also, you do hear some noise from the busy bar nearby. For me, this was muffled and didn’t disturb me but if that’s the kinda thing that will upset you then try elsewhere.

Finally, it is down a quieter road. We were 3 girls and did not feel unsafe at all as it’s close to great places to eat and shops etc., but bear it in mind.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank jellie0303
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

@Tampa..I'm Sopha,I am very sorry for any misunderstanding, it is not our intention to make you feel like you've been cheated in any way. We have only charged you for the price of the booking, no more than that. We have furthur investigated the issue and believe that the money we collected from you was accurate and was not overpaid. I understand that you are not satisfied with this result however we will ask you to please refrain from leaving bad reviews about us. We have double and triple checked the amount we recieved from your booking and we are taking steps to avoid any furthur confusion in the future. Thank you for staying at our guesthouse and we hope you enjoyed your stay.

Date of stay: December 2018