“Spent More Time Traveling Thank Kayaking”

Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks
$48.39*
Doi Suthep National Park Beginner Downhill Bike Ride from Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mountain Biking in Chiang Mai is the perfect way to experience beautiful nature trails winding through the closely lying National Parks such as Suthep National Park a 1650 meter high Mountain west of the City. The valleys of Northern Thailand offer beautiful rivers and kayaking is the best way to explore this scenic and untouched landscape. Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks will get you there, professional english speaking guides are at hand to make it happen. So if it is a gnarly downhill ride, a cross country bike tour or a day kayaking through Thailand's beautiful scenery this is the place to start.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We thought we would go kayaking for the day in Chiang Mai - apparently we went during the busiest time of year! It took FOREVER for them to get everyone organized and into boats and 4 hours later we still weren't in the water. When we were in the water the kayaking was great - but I would be much happier to just rent the boats myself and head down the river. The girls in the office were so swamped that they didn't take my number or information down correctly that we had to rush our breakfast! For what? Just to hang around for a long time to get going.

Overall I would recommend it when it isn't such a busy time of year. That way it wouldn't take so long to get everyone going. But the people were nice, and the guy that runs it is a nice guy.

Nampung, Owner at Chiang Mai Mountain Biking & Kayaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Reviewers,

"All good thing takes while" Before we can start the day kayaking we meet everyone as individuals so we can choose the right boats, safety gear and make sure the ability level matches the trip.
Part of the preperation is a short white board lesson going over river flow and boat handling providing a more succesful and rewarding day. And there is the drive up North to the most beautiful area ,the Chiang Dao Valley where the Mae Ping river still flows undisturbed and clean through magnificant forest. Well worth the drive !!!! I am very pleased that the reviewer felt that it was so easy that one could have just rented a boat and gone of on their own. Exactly the feeling we are hoping for. We are confident you come soon yourself and share one of Northern Thailand"s still well kept secrets. ...in 5 years who knows, wilderness is quickly deminishing and its harder to find that deep breath one takes when its all perfect and body and the mind agree one is at the right place .

Loving Northern Thailands Outback

Aidan

Reflecting

Aidan

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I could do that every day
Nice guides
Many routes so you can choose the one for your level
AAAAAAAWSM!
You wont need anything...everything is provided...protectors are a little bit thin...

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Aidan, the owner, led this trip with a couple of his trusted guides, and I am so impressed by the professionalism of the whole outfit.
I have kayaked before but never on such a winding, obstacle laden path through this beautiful jungle on the River Ping
Not only were we all catered, for at our own level, we were pushed to go that bit further, something I love.
The whole day was planned so carefully even down to getting us back to our guesthouses at the end of the day.
What a way to experience Northern Thailand. Thanks guys

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't say the route was truly for beginners, and neither would the experienced downhill cyclist we spoke with afterwards. It's probably a blast if you've got a bit of mountain biking experience and know how to control the bike.

Even still, the guides made a point of trying to help us out, including offering to switch bikes when I was having trouble shifting.

It was an interesting day out and I'm glad I tried it. It was a fun rest day between climbing.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The best excursion I did in Chang Mai. Riders are grouped based on experience/ability and allocated a suitable guide, who then navigates and provides useful advice. The cycling is fantastic: beautiful scenery and technical enough to make it fun and challenging. Delightful lunch at the lake at the end.