“Value for money”
Review of Vieng Mantra Hotel

Vieng Mantra Hotel
Ranked #56 of 775 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a real value for money hotel.
It is a bit noisy as it is a budget hotel and in a small alley.
But the rooms are really nice and well lit.Staff are exremely hospitable and friendly.
Free internet is fast, the hotel has a nice location too and not far away.
July and Aug can be avoided as we did not realise it then.
In Feb it was really nice with the flowers blooming all over Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SRamnath
There are newer reviews for Vieng Mantra Hotel

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My partner and I spent three weeks in Thailand, so I needed to find good budget hotels throughout our stay. This was our first hotel we stayed in and for the price, location, and good quality, I am happy we booked. We could have booked a more expensive hotel, but I didn't see the reason for it and I wanted to stay in the center. This hotel was certainly up to my expectations and we were so close to the temples and the Sunday Market (amazing).

Things I liked about the hotel:
-Clean
-Safe in the room
-Free internet/computers (so I could charge my Ipod and check our flights)
-Friendly staff
-Walking Distance to everything
-Good well-rounded breakfast

I wouldn't say there is a downside to it b/c for $50 a night (booked through Agoda), I couldn't complain. Also, I thought I would like having a pool, but we were so busy that we never used it (we stayed about 5 days).

Advice:
If you need laundry done, there is a guy who does an excellent job at the end of the street for about $2. When walking out of the hotel, take a left and the laundry guy is on your right hand side (cheaper than having the hotel do it for you). I had no problems and had some more of my expensive items washed - He was professional and quick!

Suggestions for things to do:
1. Take a private tour of Wat Doi Suthep - we went with Wandering Star Tours and Amy provided a wealth of information about Thai culture and Buddhism. The tour starts early (6:00am) but it's a must to learn about the country for which you are visiting. You will visit the alms giving to the monks and go to the temple on the mountain. Again, a must if you're in Chiang Mai. This tour was one of the highlights of my trip (and it was fairly cheap for a private tour, transport, entrance fees, and food to give to the monks).

2. Elephant Nature Park. Go. It's a must. Ignore all other elephant "sanctuaries." This is the real thing.

NOTE: Thailand is a land of extremes and animals are in my opinion, highly mistreated. Please consider your actions before taking part in any animal activity. I would NOT do the following: go to a snake farm, ride elephants, feed baby elephants on the street, go to a tiger petting zoo, watch a circus, or pay to have a photograph with an animal. If it looks wrong and unnatural, it probably is. Learn and make informed decisions.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the pool - it might be quieter
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank journeys4thesoul
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Hotel could not be in a better location. So close to all Chiang Mai has to offer. The Hotel is very clean and fresh and the Customer service provided it amazing. Would definately stay here over and over again. Fantastic Hotel!!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

For the price this hotel was good value, the location was good, the rooms were comfortable, quiet location, good buffet breakfast. the staff were friendly and helpful. the pool looked great unfortunately we didn't get to use it.

Room Tip: If you dont like stairs choose a room on the ground or first floor
Reviewed June 15, 2012

and friendly staff. Good breakfast. Quiet and clean rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Budget at its best. For me is all about the location. Sunday market on your door front, and near enough to walk everywhere yet because it's in a quiet ( for chiang Mai) Soi you can at least have a decent sleep which after shopping trekking drinking etc you will crave. The staff are lovely and the rooms bright and fresh. Nothing to complain about. Plus added bonus... The pool! Thanks again, jade

Room Tip: Iv stay both pool side and street side of this hotel. Probably l prefer the pool side, if possible a...
1  Thank SORTIEJADE
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We loved it here, the staff were wonderful and welcoming, the location was great, the pool was lovely after a long day out.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family