“Fantastic experience”

95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I first went to the Classic Home cooking school on my own back in 2011, and had such a great time, that my wife and I decided to both go again. We both really enjoyed the day, the fact that they only take a maximum of 12 students at a time, makes sure you get plenty of one-on-one personal attention. Vanee and her husband are such lovely people, and you will also get to meet other travelers and spend a day having a great time, and cooking great food. A couple of tips - do not eat breakfast before going, as you will cook 6 dishes (in the day class), and so will struggle to eat everything that you have cooked; also before going, go on-line and select the dishes that you would like to cook, as it makes it much easier than trying to choose while in the bus on the way to the market.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Auckland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent authentic cooking class”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were recommended We Cook by a friend who had done the cooking class before. I can't recommend this class highly enough. We were after an authentic class rather than a westerny touristy one and that is exactly what we got. The food was delicious, the recipes were easy to follow, Miu was a great instructor, and the whole course was very well organised. Highly recommended from us!

San Francisco, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great experience, great value”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Girlfriend and I took the morning class (~9am - 2pm, 6 food dishes), with 4 other people in the class. Vannee and her husband picked us up from our guesthouse ~8:30am, and all 6 of us individually picked our six dishes from a menu before going to the food market, where Vannee found all the ingredients needed based on our dish choices. The market was fun to see, and we were impressed with Vannee's ability to quickly find all the right ingredients on the spot!

The cooking school is set at their house, in a huge covered area with many stove setups and an eating area. There is also a bathroom and unlimited drinking water provided. Vannee (and other family members) were precise but friendly with their instruction, and I never felt rushed or frantic, even though we cooked so much. We cooked 4 dishes, ate them for lunch, and then cooked 2 more dishes, which we ate at the end of the class (so much food to eat!). They provided transportation back to our guesthouse in a shared red-truck taxi (songthaew).

Our experience was superb, but I did notice that the next class (afternoon time slot) was much more crowded (12-14 people) and I think they had a fixed menu and missed out on the market tour. It may have been a tour group, though, with a special itinerary.

This was the cheapest of the top-rated tripadvisor cooking schools I saw, so it is a terrific deal.

Santa Barbara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“From a Thai's home to your plate.”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

What a great experience. We heard about We Cook from a traveler we met doing another excursion. She had taken 3 seperate cooking classes in Chiang Mai and We Cook was her favorite.

We got picked up by Vannee and her husband, taken to the market and then their home. The food was fantastic and the instruction was great. But what really made this for us was the local experience. After going on large organized tours, Vannee made us feel like we guests in her home.

I highly recommend this class.

Visited January 2014
Melbourne, Australia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Good Choice relaxed style”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This my second visit to Classic Home Cooking. Nothing changed over last couple of years but certainly if you want more choice of what you might want to learn than the basic menu's most offer this school offer over 600 options and is good value. The course included walk through market with plenty of options to ask questions and see local produce. Essentially two session of 3 meals do not have breakfast and you will not want dinner....Not up market as far as location but owners very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed it the second time round and can recommend it for those who want no frills good meal choice options and plenty of one on one attention.