Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
FarzadF
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand

Clean hotel but cheap and non-professional staff

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 28, 2012
The hotel is located in a good location if you are a night bazar lover. it is very close to Thapae gate. the hotel is relatively new and rooms are clean but there are no windows and no outside light, so you dont want to stay the whole day in the room.
The breakfast is not good at all, just a few choices of egg ! fried, scrambled or omlet !
The worst thing about this hotel is its staff and service. they are very cheap people asking us to pay for hotel bills every day ! even one time they asked to pay for the bills at midnight. I had to get my credit card from my room and get back to cashier at the midnight. they charge you for whatever they can , if you are 1 hour late for checkout, you should pay 100 baht penalty. there is no respect for guests.
Also there is noticeable noise in the rooms as rooms doors open to lobby or reception !
also one day they missed to change our towels and put drinking water. but as their service was very poor we didnt bother to even notify them.
in summary the hotel is clean and good location but if you expect a good breakfast and respect avoid this hotel.
Trip type: Traveled with friends
    $107
    $121
2.0 miles from Na Thapae Chiangmai Hotel
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I would highly recommend this place to anyone coming to chiang mai on a budget! Staff are so friendly! Can't do enough for you! Really helpful and everything from the fab rooms to the super fast Internet! We were not disappointed! Great location! No pool but for €30 per night in a deluxe room I wasn't complaining!

1  Thank Aprile51284
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Very clean, large room. good linen. Handy location in quite soi. Same same breakfast served on the first floor. Not bad value at THB1200. Free Wi Fi but no computers. Beware of hotel commission when ordering a taxi to the airport. Would stay again.

Room tip: Take a room on the second floor away from breakfast landing.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The rooms are comfortably sized but they are not well designed. When I was there, the staff had the guests cooking their own breakfast. The hotel would be better off not offering it at all. There was no one at the breakfast station in the morning at all. They dropped off some white bread and a carton of eggs and said 'go to it' or they would have if they could speak English. In its favor it's quiet and certainly not far from places tourists might want to go. But there is no way that I would return here.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Na Thapae is a great little hotel tucked away in a quiet laneway behind a main road near Thapae Gate (gate to the old Chiang Mai city). Rooms are super clean, common areas are simple but effective, while service and breakfast are satisfactory. I would've rated Na Thapae as 'Excellent' if it wasn't for the neighbour's dog across the road which seems to bark on the odd occasion overnight. I'd like to think this doesn't happen every night because it's the only real negative thing I can say about our stay at Na Thapae. It's a great little boutique hotel but, if you're a light sleeper, maybe try elsewhere.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank DazH_11
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I would give this hotel an excellent if it wasn't for my negative experience with the manager.

On our first night there was a dog just across the lane that was constantly barking. The next morning I asked to be moved to a room in the back (further from the dog). The manager said "no, the dog doesn't always bark". She then turned around and walked away. I approached her later in the day and she informed me that the hotel was expecting many guests and she could not move me. I accepted that explanation.The hotel was virtually empty at that time though.

The next night, I was awoken at 11.30pm by the dog, went downstairs and asked the owner if I could please be moved. The owner obliged and we were moved to another room. A bit frustrating to have to deal with a room switch in the middle of the night. The many "expected guests" never did show up.

Date of stay: November 2011