Key Hotel @ Old City Center
Ranked #395 of 807 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed here during Loy Krathong November 2013 with my friend and we loved it. Great, accommodating staff who cared about us and fixed problems quickly. We loved it so much we stayed here again after doing the Mae Hong Song loop on motorbikes. Affordable, centrally located, great staff & in-house affordable restaurant during high season.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Jillian M

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Very much enjoyed my stay. 350 baht per night for a spacious,twin room with ensuite in a thriving busy city for my mind is fantastic value.

The staff, especially the very friendly New Zealand owner were very helpful and gave me many suggestions regarding what to do.

The beds were very comfortable ( I sadly slept in both ), the shower offered very hot water, and the sleep quality was brilliant.

The location is just what you're after for a short-stay, right in the middle of the old town. Walking distance to anywhere, a cycle shop opposite.

The only slight critique I have, is the guesthouse to my mind didn't have a sign visible from the roadside unlike others. I used the " Same Same " accommodation as a reference point when drunk.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and I would recommend to anyone on a small budget like myself.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank easty22
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

First of all, I would not recommend making a direct booking with this guest house. We emailed with them, and also called to confirm. When we arrived, our booked room type was not available (double). Thankfully they did have a twin, but I got the feeling that was pure luck on our part. Also no explanation as to why this happened.
Our second night there, I was sick and needed to use the bathroom several times during the night, but the water was off! no flushing or washing hands :( I don't know if this was a one-off, but I wouldn't be surprised if they purposely did this every night.
The beds were terribly uncomfortable, metal springs clearly felt. There was also a faint sewerage smell coming from the bathroom - I think their pipes need a good cleaning. We moved to another guest house after the second night!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank a_wanderer777
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We got a room for 500Baht with ac, closet, fast wifi and a double bed. Room is very spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable too.

The location is fantastic. Walking distance to the night market. We made a great choice by staying in the old city. We rented a motorbike on our last day and drove around.

Downstairs is a tour agency which gives you very good prices. Bargain with a smile.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here two years ago and are back and staying again! Simple, clean and affordable rooms. Towels, toilet paper, and free wifi. There are rooms with AC or cheaper with just a fan. As with all guesthouses here, they usually give you a better deal if you stay longer. Hot water in all rooms I think too. The location is good and close to many restaurants. Staff is friendly and helpful. We'll be staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed in the private room with A/C for one week and the room was decent. The mattress of the bed was not good, but considering the cost of the room was so cheap, I didn't complain about it. The guesthouse is in a great location, and in walking distance to all the major sights within the city. The area is very laid back, and gets quiet at night. Also, the staff at reception are helpful and gave me advice on different restaurants and sights around town. The price at TK guesthouse is great, which is the main selling point for backpackers staying in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in tk guesthouse for 5 nights, the owner Doh and the girl who does the travelagency Noi are very hospitable and friendly. They know everything around town and give you honest advice and suggestions. After a trip or excursion they asked how my day was; they really make you feel like home which i think is very special. Cheap and good guesthouse, near all restaurants, markets and bars, definitly come back here!!

• Stayed: July 2013