“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #210 of 711 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed at TK Guesthouse in January 2011. T was very friendly and generous to us. He went out of his way to help us and make sure that we did the best activities. He even drove us in his own car to the right places and waited while we did the activity. He didn't ask for anything in return, but we bought him lunch to say thanks. He didn't try to upsell anything to us and gave us honest opinions on which activities to do. T grew up in New Zealand, so was very happy to look after some fellow kiwis.

The rooms are good and are well priced. We send all of our friends to stay with T and will definitely go back to stay when we return. Highly recommended. Thanks T!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Louis L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

I have stayed at TK many times during my time in Chiang Mai, and they have always been very good to me, helping me find my way around the city, making sure my needs are taken care of, etc. The rooms are super clean, the internet works, and the food they serve at the restaurant is delicious.The location is ideal, close to the bars, Tha Pae gate, and superb Thai food at Chiang Mai gate. You can also catch lots of song thaos to get where you need to go at Chiang Mai gate. I would recommend TK to anyone looking for a great guesthouse at a great price in Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: The dorms are perfectly fine if you're a solo backpacker. If you want something a bit more priva...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tara L
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

The staff is top notch and the rooms are comfortable and very affordable. First thoughts about the staff; everyone is extremely helpful and go out of their way for the client. Mr. Tee is completely fluent in English, very friendly and professional. He gave me advice about places he recommended to definitely see and what was overrated. He definitely makes the guest feel at home. The guest house offers on site arrangements for booking excursions, with excellent deals. The property has a spacious computer internet lounge.
The rooms are spacious, very private and extremely clean, with A/C options. The guesthouse is in a great location, there's lots of activity and within walking distance to shops, hair salons, a market place and restaurants.
I recommend TK guesthouse to friends, family and anyone else considering visiting beautiful Chiang Mai. Great place and great people. A+ business.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank paula p
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

Excellent stay at TK Guest House. The host Tee is fantastic and gave us local tips on where to go, where to eat, must sees and what to do in Chiang Mai without trying to sell us everything. The rooms were cheap, clean, tidy and safe. The internet facilities were great too and reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hannah C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Top people. Honest and helpful. Really handy location too.

I work in another country and my wife and 2 kids stayed here for 5 months before we got our own house. Tee and the staff always went above and beyond the call of duty to help out.
While 5 months is a bit long for a family of three to live in a guest house, it was the definitely the best one to do it in. Great location for solo back packers and families alike.

I'd trust the people here over anyone else in town!

Room Tip: Street side balcony.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank guskuchel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed for 5 months at TK Guesthouse and it was a brilliant experience. I stayed with my two kids and the people that ran the guesthouse were warm and friendly and great with my kids. Tee, the manager gave us great deals on our tours and would always put us on the best buses for longer tours to Laos or Mai Sai. After hearing so many horror stories from travelers about travel desks selling bus trips that were dodgy, where luggage was stolen and the trip was overpriced, I was nervous. But Tee always put us on great services that were very well priced. He's become my most trusted guide in Chiang Mai. I strongly recommend this guesthouse as affordable, clean and a great place to stay with great and honest people. 5 stars

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Tourlegrande
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

I've been living in South East Asia for 6 years now, and always struggled to get a reliable internet connection for my work. I use Skype everyday, and have been very frustrated at the slow internet rates in the region.

TK Guest house is the 1st place in SE Asia that I've been able to work from with no probems. The internet connection here is much better than other guest houses I've stayed in (Bangkok, KL, Penang, Cebu....). If you need a decent internet connection, this place is great.

I have lived at TK for about a year and half now, and its an awesome place to be. It's right in the middle of all the action. Lots of bars, cafes, restaurants on your doorstep

The rooms are clean and tidy, some have great views of Doi Suthep. This is the cheapest place I've lived in my stay in Asia, and it's easily the best and most comfortable.

The staff are great and always try to solve any problem you have. Any repairs that need doing get fixed instantly (eg new light bulb or shower). The rooms are cleaned and tidied regularly. The owner T really helped me adjust to life in Chiang Mai and Thailand. When I first arrived here he invited me to play football with his friends, and advised me of all the best places to go in the area. Anytime I need anything I just ask T and the staff and they are always willing to help me out

Overall, this is probably the best value place to stay in Chiang Mai (considering the location, WIFI and service)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business