$82
$60
  • Breakfast included
$127
$98
Le Meridien Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
$146
$129
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$71
$59
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $70/night.

$102
$82
$232
$206
Hotels.com
$77
$63
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $72/night.

$352
$214
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $270/night.

$384
$316
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $358/night.

De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
$102
$57
Priceline
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $67/night.

All reviewslaundry servicegreat locationdoor codeold cityhelpful ownersperfect hostsair conditionertwo nightsa great stayquiet at nighthome away from homecooking classclean roomslovely roomhot showerbars and restaurantsquiet street
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Nice clean rooms with a balcony and aircon. Fantastic service always received from the guest house owners, nothing ever too much trouble. Great location near to bars and local eateries.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed at The Britannia for only a couple of days, but we wish it was more. The owners Lochy and Ow are really sweet. AirAsia stuffed up my flights and the number I was given was not working. While I busy having a freak out, Lochy and Ow found the correct number for me and helped me sort it out. Taking alot of time out of their day. There was also another girl staying there who had her wallet with everything in it stolen and I noticed they went out of their way to lend her a hand as well. You can tell they put in the extra effort where so many other places don't.
The rooms were lovely, super tidy. It's a good spot on a fun little corner. I would reccomend this place to every kind of traveller from any age group.

Room Tip: The front rooms are a bit loud but Ow tells you this when you look at them. So it's not a surprise. It gets quiet at about midnight but as we were coming home at this time. It was fine for us.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
534Algy, Manager at The Britannia, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

It was our pleasure to have you stay. Glad you had a good time. Thanks for choosing the Britannia

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed with our two children at this place and had a great time. Would stay again for sure. Lachy is a really great guy for a Kiwi (I am kidding!), and Ow was a joy to deal with.

The position is really good, in a cool street with bars, restaurants and a really great massage place (or ten), but still quite at night for sleeping.

Met loads of great people from all parts of the world. Rooms were clean & beds were comfortable. Really good value for money place to stay in Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: Don't drink too much Thai whiskey!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed at the Brit years ago when there was a different owner and decided to give it a go for a second time. I couldn't have been more pleased! This place is a bargain- air con, tv, wifi in common area, and a brand new bed! Our room had a balcony and lots of light. Rooms are cleaned daily. My favorite part of the place has to be the owners. Lachie and Ow are wonderfully kind and welcoming. I read the previous review and I completely disagree- I found Ow to be an absolute delight with a great sense of humor. There are also wonderful restaurants all around and Wats and nightlife are a quick walk away. Located in the old square and near Sunday night market. We have stayed a total of 14 nights so far, and intend to come back again soon! Home away from home.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The place was recently (about three months ago) taken over from a couple who recently moved here from New Zealand. The husband grew up there, and the wife is Thai.

I stayed there a total of 26 days over a two month period.
The place is very clean and reasonably priced.

The husband, Lockee, is a great fellow. He was always very friendly and helpful.
However, it was quite a different situation with Ow, his wife.

She seemed to be quite strict, but I didn't think anything of it. However, after a few days, it seemed as though anytime I would ask her anything, it looked as though I was annoying her. I often got cold looks. She obviously had some sort of issue with me. However, I heard from another hotel guest that he felt similarly. treated.

The last straw was when I kept a fancy rental bicycle overnight in the lobby of the hotel to keep it safe for the night. She never wanted me to keep the bike in there in the first place, but her husband told me he was fine with it, and that he would simply pick it up and move it outside in the morning. I did this a handful of times without issue.

However, last night I did the same, and this morning at around 7:30am I hear a loud knock on my door waking me up. Having no clue why anyone would knock at that time, I just ignored it. I try to fall back, asleep, but to no avail. I then get out of bed, and see a curt note left under the door. It read, "I need you to move your bike out. Thank you." I go downstairs, and we have a discussion. It turns out that the husband had left town to take care of some business. I would not expect her to move the bicycle herself, but believe me, it's super easy around here to find someone to help. It just had to be lifted up and carried about 4 meters, and down one step! She made all sorts of excuses, including telling me that I could have just left it out on the street locked to itself -- Chiang Mai is surprisingly safe, but she can't really expect me to leave a nice mountain bicycle on the street all night when all someone has to do is to lift it up and walk away with it.

That was enough for me. I paid them 500-600 baht per day for 26 days! Even though the place is comfy, etc., I decided that I'm not paying them another penny of my money being treated like this. I left about an hour later. Found another place. Should have done so a long time ago. I guess I should blame myself more than anybody else.

The place is really quite decent otherwise. You may likely have no problems.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Eric, thank you for your comments. Always useful to know where things went wrong. It was regrettable that we misunderstood who was responsible for carrying the bicycle out each morning at opening time and clearly, a clash of personalities during your time with us did not assist. Glad you found the house comfortable nonetheless.