“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #34 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Bangkok
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed December 24, 2010

The Siripanna is a very nice hotel with very nice rooms, attentive staff and a warm atmosphere. The only negative depends on whether you like to walk. The hotel is a little away from the action and the walk to the night bazaar and main areas are a little dangerous due to the traffic conditions and lack of sidewalks. If this isn't a concern then the Siripanna rates quite well with other Chiang Mai properties.

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The staffs are very friendly and attentive, very impressive The room is spacious and comfortable. Just a few criticisms, firstly, the WIFI is over charged 200 baht per hour whereas the most hotels in Chiang Mai now provide WIFI free of charge. Secondly, it is difficult to catch a bus from hotel to downtown. I feel like the hotel should provide a scheduled van from hotel to downtown. Thirdly, inside the room, the stationary is missing. Overall, it is impressive hotel for relaxation, but not for business.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
London
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This new hotel well deserves it 5 stars. We received a very warm welcome and excellent service throughout our 4 night stay. The staff were very friendly and always attentive. The rooms are beautifully appointed – only small criticism would be the lack of drawer space - although something often lacking in many hotels worldwide. Lovely, peaceful swimming pool setting. Pool service second to none - iced water and fresh fruit served regularly and free of charge. The hotel is well situated – being only a short tuk tux ride to the colourful night market and restaurants. This was our first visit to Chang Mai which we really loved if we were to return would definitely come back to the Siripanna.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2010

To let you know where I’m coming from….I have travelled around the world and usually only stay in top hotels. My wife and I just left the Siripana resort and Spa (after a 2 day/2night stay). I can say that without question this was the best hotel experience I have ever had.
The hotel staff was outstanding and they all knew who we were. They found out that it was our honeymoon and the food supervisor (named Long) offered to set-up a private table at the pool for us for dinner, of course we took him up on the offer. The candle-lit area, rose petal heart on the pool deck (also surrounded by candles), roses on the table and four waiters to serve us was surreal. Then came the Fire Sky Lantern that was set aloft to celebrate the night. We could not have imagined a better night!! The food and drinks at this hotel are amazing. Their chef also gives you a complementary sampler prior to your meal to get your taste buds going.
When we were at the pool they brought us water and complementary fruit plates…we didn’t even have to ask or order them. When the rain started and we were still at the pool, stranded by the torrent of rain coming down, another staff member took a parasol and escorted us to a dry covered area. Amazing!
The rooms were spacious, modern and impeccably clean. The grounds are beautiful and our only regret was that we could not stay longer.
Although the rooms are more expensive than many you’ll find on TripAdvisor for Chiang Mai, IT IS WELL WORTH IT. We can’t wait to go back! JUST BOOK IT, YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank superjules123
Woodcroft, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I won't say too much, as I pretty much agree what with everyone else said about this hotel- it is outstanding!! The accommodation was second-to-none and the bed, my god, we got in and out a couple times just because of the 'wow' factor when we got in. Those sheets were unreal. The bathroom was gorgeous and the waterfall in our bathroom was a gorgeous touch. We had a villa, which i couldnt rate more. The gorgeous little moat out the front was relaxing and the decore was stunning all round. The pool was sensational and the whole grounds, meticulously landscaped.
Although in the heart of the action,it wasnt more than a 5 minute tuk tuk ride to the shopping and a private car to any tour you wanted to book. We have the club option which made us feel like royalty. We didnt need to spend money on lunch as the club provided more than enough food included.
But above all of this, it was the staff that ultimately made this part of our honeymoon a memory and experience we would never forget. Unfortunately due to a flight delay, we arrived with no bags and airport staff couldnt communicate where they were. All we heard was 'lost'. When we arrived at the villas, they already knew and guaranteed us that they would call the airline every couple of hours and leave a letter under our door as to what was going on. they did exactly that. In the morning they offered us a half price massage and a trip to the shops to buy some toiletries and the likes. I couldnt believe it. I was amazed at the care and genuine concern for us. Fortunately when we got back, our bags where there. Also, the food was amazing and every time we sat down we got something complementary from the chef- unreal!
All in all the manager (whose name escapes me and im sorry- young UK lad) and a sweet guy in breakfast service completely made our trip. I am so thankful to them both for giving is more than exceptional service. We were genuinely sad to leave, even though we were heading to Koh Samui. We wish we had spent 3 weeks at Siripanna. Thanks guys and we hope we will be back one day.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Stayed for 5 nights, 4 adults and 1 toddler in two Deluxe connecting rooms. Booked through Centara website and had a great deal - inclusive of breakfast and return airport transfer included for each room booked. Picked up at the airport by uniformed staff, transfered in new executive vehicles.

Quiet, new and modern resort near golf club, 15 to 20 min from airport. Boutique resort - told by staff that it is circa 150 guests at full capacity during peak season (Nov to Feb) - in comparison to over 1000 at the larger hotels/ resorts - more private. When we were there in June 2010, spa facilities not ready (pool, gym and library + yoga room open) - disappointment with spa as was not informed of situation but concierge recommended Oasis Spa with free transfer that was fantastic - we went twice. Best shopping at new mall near airport (shuttle by mall is provided free - reception can call the shuttle). Mall basement has a brilliant food court that is predominantly catering for locals. Great choice under 1 roof, air-conditioned, very clean. Brilliant for family with young children!

Resort to downtown old Chiang Mai requires tuk tuk/ local taxi (100 bahts one way) - reception will get you one, very convenient. Great to get away from all the hustle and bustle of city/ town.

Outstanding staff who take a lot of pride in their job and the resort. Food at the restaurant. Breakfast choices cooked fresh to order - as much as you like - juices, coffee/tea, American b'fast, Spa/ diet, Thai breakfast + buffet spread of Continental breakfast - cereal, pastries, breads, fruits, yoghurts (no hot buffet as low season). Lunch deals at 36 baht for each item of food (choice of noodles, desserts, drinks) - very competitively priced/ great value in comparison to eating outside hotel. Very authentic local food (tastes just like local hawkers/ restaurants in old town) - in fact, taste nicer than the food we experienced in various restaurants during our stay. High standard of international cuisine (pasta to modern continental to asian/ Japanese fare). All diet catered for, daughter who specific dietary requirements very well taken cared of - all staff doted on her! We ended up eating quite often at the hotel.

Beautifully decorated rooms - huge kingsize beds (or two double beds) + day bed. Bathroom has separate shower wetroom and deep bath tub. Toiletries are basic. Very clean, very new. Housekeeping does a fanstastic job daily. Has a balcony with bench - overlooks pool, grounds and sight of mountains. Didn't spend much time on balcony as pool is fantastic.

Pool is lovely with separate kid's pool and a jacuzzi, grounds beautifully landscaped. Staff brought whatever food we wanted from the full restaurant menu to the poolside, set up tables for my daughter and I when we decided to have a lazy afternoon in.

Wished we stayed at the pool villas - beautiful, direct access to pool!!! Some construction work towards the back of the resort complex - in the last phase of the resort (spa and more rooms) but we would not have known if staff did not point out to us.

Mosquitoes a problem in Chiang Mai in general (but not in resort room). When in restaurant, staff offers cold towel with citronella and natural herb spray to avoid mosquitoes.

Went on several trips/ excursions (elephants, tiger, orchid farm, craft centres, market, etc.) as arranged/ recommended by travel desk and receptionists. Mix bag in terms of our experience - works well if you get a van/ car hire for the day or half-day and then tell the driver where you'd like to go/ what you'd like to do. Otherwise, trips could turn out to be very touristy/ commercial. However, would recommend the Kanthoke dinner at the Old Cultural Centre (booked through travel desk).

Staff told us that the resort has gone independent - left the Centara chain when we were there. Very well run resort - I'll stay there again if returning to Chiang Mai. Throughly recommended if you are looking for rest, relaxation and trips at your leisure.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 28, 2010

My review of this wonderful resort is well overdue, having stayed there from March 21st for ten nights. When we arrived late at night and very tired, the reception staff greeted us warmly and took us to our rooms without delay. I was travelling with my parents, and while I had booked myself a Premium Deluxe Lanna, they were accommodated in a Luxury Lanna Villa. Both room types gave us access to the Club lounge.
Overview : The following morning, I made my way to breakfast to be addressed by my first name when entering the restaurant. This was a wonderful touch, as for the staff to even know my name having never met me was wonderful, but what I especially liked was not being addressed as Mrs “X”-I find it so formal.
Whilst we did partake in some tours during our stay, we spent a great deal of time by the pool. The service here was also exceptional. Again, always greeted by our first names! Upon arrival we were provided with a large glass of iced water and cold towels. Our glasses were never empty due the attentiveness of the pool staff.
Apart from daily breakfast, we also enjoyed three evening meals in the hotel’s wonderful restaurant. I can not begin to describe how wonderful both the service and food quality and presentation were! Usually we would eat outside hotels due to the outrageous prices charged-but I must say that the prices were outstanding value for money. Some of the dishes we enjoyed were fillet steak, duck and salmon-all of which are among the best we have tasted anywhere.
Accomodation : Our rooms were even better than expected! My Premium Deluxe Lanna (on the second floor-or third floor if you’re from North America) had more than enough space for two guests, let alone a single occupant. As you enter there are steps on the left which lead to a raised bathroom. This contained a large double vanity, extra large shower cubicle (with both regular and rain showers) and a huge round sunken bath beside shutters that opened out to the bedroom area. In the bedroom was a good size wardrobe (equipped with the obligatory safe, two parasols and another wonderful touch-a canvas shopping bag for use in the markets) along with standard dressing gowns and slippers. The bed was enormous and very comfortable. There was also a large flat screen television, which could be watched from the bed or the dressing table, and a day bed by the window. The balcony was furnished with a table and chairs and very spacious-there was also a fan for comfort during the warmer hours of the day. The air-conditioning worked perfectly throughout the stay and was very efficient.
My parents simply loved their Luxury Lanna Villa. These are located around the pool area at ground level. Entry is via a wooden gate and over a water feature-beside which is a furnished deck area. The room itself is large, with the same amenities as the room previously mentioned. However, the bathroom is larger again, and there is a beautiful water feature beside the sunken bath. The shower cubicle and vanity areas are smaller than in the Premium Deluxe Lanna type.
Club Lounge : As our rooms included access to the Club Lounge, we made the most of it during our stay. Breakfast was taken in the main restaurant as capacity was too low to necessitate the use of the lounge at that time. Some items were buffet, the rest you could simply order how and when you wanted-there was no menu to restrict your choices. A few days at lunchtime we went to the lounge for a snack-again due to low capacity there was no buffet spread, but we could have whatever sandwiches etc we wished for. Complimentary mineral water and tea and coffee are provided all day upon request, and any other drinks could be purchased at very reasonable rates. Every evening before dinner we enjoyed cocktails. Unlike other hotels that sometimes restrict what drinks you can choose from during complimentary cocktail hour, we could choose from anything on the very extensive cocktail, wine and spirits list. Having stayed last September with my boyfriend in a pool villa in the Sofitel Centara Hua Hin, and only being allowed to choose from four cocktails in the lounge, this was a very welcome change! The pre-dinner snacks were very tasty and presented buffet style. However the temptation to enjoy a few too many snacks with our drinks made it hard to fit in as much of the wonderful local food available in the town as we would have liked. Another bonus of the Club access was that if you ate in the hotel’s restaurant you were entitled to two glasses of wine each, or two beers/cocktails and unlimited mineral water with your meal.
Location : While being located in a very quiet, semi-rural area of Chiang Mai, the centre of town is a mere five minute ride in a tuk-tuk, the cost of which is no more than two Euro. As sometimes there can be a bit of a wait for a lift, we asked for a driver who had picked us up one night to come for us at 1930 every evening. He was true to his word and never let us down!
Service : I can not fault anyone in this hotel as the service we received was outstanding. Having worked for an international airline on mainly long haul, intercontinental flights for the past ten years I understand what good service is. Before we even realised we wanted something, it was provided. We had total privacy, but as soon as we looked for someone, they were there. I agree with some other comments that some of the staff members English could be improved, but I’m sure this will come with time. We never had a problem regarding communication, as the staff would always do whatever they could for us.
Summary : I’ve been to Thailand and other countries in the Far East on many occasions, and always stayed in luxury resorts (thanks to the very generous discounts afforded to airline staff). I would have to say though that the Siripanna rates amongst my five favourite, and I can not recommend it highly enough. The resort and facilities are beautiful, but it is the staff members who made it a truly special place. If you plan to spend much of your time outside the hotel, then I would recommend booking a standard room as the Club Lounge access would be wasted. But if you are planning to relax, then you should definitely pay for the upgrade as I believe it to be well worth it.
A final word in recognition of some of the wonderful staff members who looked after us so well during our stay : Tim, Tom and Maem in the Club Lounge; Pooh, Retree and Long in the restaurant; Att and Top by the pool; Yo and Roy in reception. My sincere apologies if I failed to mention anyone, you were all so wonderful I could not possibly remember everyone’s name!
If anyone has anything they’d like to ask, please don’t hesitate to drop me a line!

• Stayed March 2010