“Beautiful and fantastic service”

Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Beautiful and fantastic service”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is 5 star hotel all the way. Rooms were way nicer than anywhere else we stayed in Thailand and everywhere else we stayed was really nice too.. Very private, sitting area in room, huge bathroom with hot tub, separate shower, sitting area and lounge chairs outside of room in private patio. Pool is lovely and is a true "lap pool". Can swim or walk in a huge square pool around a garden in the middle. Food and buffets were great and for the quality and I thought pretty reasonably priced for a high end hotel.

Hotel is east of town and a bit remote. Taxis cost 140 to 200B to get to town for group of people in one cab and took about 10 to 15 mins.

Staff went way overboard to please us in any manner possible.

One of the nicest places I have ever stayed and am quite well travelled.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We loved coming back to the Siripanna each evening, after long, hot days in and around Chiang Mai.

The best features of this hotel: the amazingly friendly and helpful staff - our every need was quickly accommodated; that awesome pool that cooled us down each evening; the pomelo mojitos that are a must after a long day; the lovely breakfast buffet that catered to the hotel's international clientele; and the bathtubs. Don't laugh. I am renovating 2 bathrooms at my country home and took multiple photos of the bathtub in my room for my contractor.

There is some room for improvement: the open air lobby is hot (we are North American and not accustomed to the heat) and the fans that are there are quite noisy, making conversation difficult; the balconies on our rooms had comfortable settees, but no fans at all, so sitting on the balcony was quite hot.

The best was the staff. We met a trainee at check-in and later ran into her and her friends getting ice cream at the night market. What fun it was to meet her friends - and she was so excited to introduce us! Two days later we ran into another staff member getting a massage in town - again, super friendly and so excited to see us. The Siripanna is staffed by exceptional people who really made our stay in Chiang Mai unforgettable!

Note: my friend who recommended this hotel also recommended the 2 restaurants immediately to the right of the hotel as you leave the driveway. They did not disappoint! Excellent local Thai food at a cost of US$5 to feed 2 of us. Neither serve drinks, but both allowed us to bring beer we bought at the market next door. We ate at these restaurants every night and had a great time!

Room Tip: We had rooms 2101 and 2111. Both were in the building to the left as you walk through the lobby. W...
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We travelled to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui and Phuket for our honeymoon and Siripanna was by far the best hotel we stayed at. The hotel was very well maintained, they always had incense burning in the lobby (and free wi-fi in the lobby also) and we were always greeted with very enthusiastic friendly staff.

Our room was lovely with a separate bath and shower and extremely comfortable bed.

The pool area was beautiful and we enjoyed some happy hour buy one get one free cocktails with complimentary snacks.

They also have a gorgeous in-house spa however it is a little expensive compared with the local massages you can get in town so we didn't use it.

Breakfast each day was also very nice and probably also the best from all the hotels we stayed at.

Would recommend to anyone who want a bit of luxury and fantastic service on their holiday. Although it is a bit out of town but you can get a tuk tuk into town for 100-150 baht. The hotel also runs a free shuttle bus service at certain times.

Room Tip: We had the basic delux room which was lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aartselaar, Belgium
Reviewed May 17, 2013

As there was a problem with our booking, the management of the Ping Nakara, where we initially had booked, offered us as alternative a very nice room in the Siripanna Villa Resort and Spa. It was a great choice. This hotel, located 5 minutes tuktuk drive from Chiang Mai, is an oasis, composed by a very large plantsman garden (including a very nice pool), with rice paddies at the outskirts of it . In the afternoon, you have an happy hour, with very good and complimentary snacks (including springrolls, sushis and much more).
An excellent and friendly service, with reception desk staff giving excellent advice, nice meals, and a free shuttle into town made our stay really memorable and we would like to go back there, albeit only for relaxation.....
Travel Tip: The night markets are certainly a must, and there are so many nice temples, shops and restaurants to discover in Chiang Mai, that a 3 night stay is a minimum....

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the pool, ask for a garden room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed May 12, 2013

As a resident of Chiang Mai, finding a nice place to celebrate special occasions are few. Today, our experience at the Siripanna Villa Resort was absolutely an amazing time, celebrating Mothers Day for my 83 year old mom, who also lives here in Chiang Mai. I stopped by before hand to make reservations for the beautiful Sunday buffet lunch, as I wasn't sure if other Westerners may have the same idea being Mothers Day. I shared briefly with the head waiter, the reason for our occasion - Mothers Day! He asked would I like a special card for her done. Surprised by this pro-active request, I immediately said yes.

Three hours later, upon our return, we were met at the car drop off place by a very happy, smiley security guard, two ladies and one gentleman, escorted to our reserved table. it was in an un-airconditioned area, but enough fans and breeze and waterfall close by, and close by the chefs working away cooking BBQ'd meats and staff loading up the buffet. Our price included all the water, ice tea and coffee's that we wanted, served by smiling, happy, gentle-natured wait staff. A piano player, guitarist and soloist were playing and singing some really great-sounding songs, but not too loud. The area, both air conditioned and non air conditioned rooms were full, maxed out.

Bob, (yes, he was Thai) the waiter who met me upon our arrival, said, in very good English, that he had my mom's cake and card ready, and to just give him the signal when I was ready for them to bring it out! Cake?? I didn't ask for a cake, but was I even more happy they took the time to prepare a small one for my mom!

Time came for dessert, and being in the warmer area of the restaurant, I requested was there room in the air conditioned area now. He said yes, and quickly, and secretly prepared the table with dishes and my mom's cake and card. Mom, knowing nothing about his, along with my dad, went to the dessert buffet, loaded up, and headed back to our table. I had them follow me to the new table, and what a nice surprise and a happy face for my mom as she not only saw a beautiful card, and a beautiful cake, but also her NAME written IN CHOCOLATE on the plate, right beside the small cake! Wow! She LOVED it! I had not requested ANY of this, but did the staff make it so warm hearted and enjoyable.

The card had an old song written inside that my 82 year old dad sang to his mom when he was a kid. We ordered more coffee, six cups in total, for the dessert time, being served quickly and with warm smiles and care by the wait staff. After we were all done, we received the bill, checking to make sure I wasn't charged for a cake I didn't order, and sure enough, they DID NOT charge me! :) As we left, the wait staff came over to help my mom out of her chair, and Bob, the waiter, personally escorted my mom, as a father of the bride would for his daughter, out to the lobby.

I went and brought my car around to the front door so Mom wouldn't have to walk far. The staff helped her into the car, with my dad not able to help at all, they wouldn't let him. After we were all in the car, five of the staff all came over to the car window to wish my mother a Happy Mothers Day. As they did this, my dad, feeling his oats, began to sing the song that was inside the card, for the staff. At the end of the song, all five clapped for him with big smiles on their faces. They all wished a warm welcome back whenever we can, and that they looked forward to our next visit. As we drove away, ALL of the staff were waving good bye!!

What a special day they made our visit to be! I for sure left a good tip, even though I felt they were not doing it just for a tip. Warm hearted service, with a smile, attention to detail, great food, decent price and a place I will DEFINITELY be returning too.

1 Thank ThaiCobb3
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Staying in this hotel is a great experience. So cool and quiet. We got connecting room because my boss have kids and I need to stay near them to help them take care of the kids. Room is big and spacious even in the bathroom. I liked the round bathtub. Always clean even towels. Perfect. Staff are so kind and helpful. Always polite. Food is great. A large resort. I prefer to stay here when we go back to Chang Mai.

Room Tip: I don't know the other rooms but the room we got is already perfect for me. It's interconnec...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennefer A
London
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We travelled to Chiangmai end March and upon arriving at the hotel the staff were so friendly & went out of their way to do anything for us. Especially our children aged 12,6&5. The garden rooms by the pool were fantastic, very roomy. We had 2 interconnecting which was more than enough space. The pool was amazing & never busy, the weather was very hot so the kids wanted to spend time in there. Also the food in the restaurant was always very good. The hotel grounds beautiful. All the staff knew my children's names & also came to find them to see what we,d been doing that day. My 5 year old still talks about the best hotel in the world!!! I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only problem was Mosquitos, they seemed to always go for my 6 year old daughter even after covering her in repellant.

Room Tip: Garden rooms by the pool a must
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family