“Excellent-ambience resort”

Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 387 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights. The rooms was well equipped and the decor throughout the hotel was beautiful and relaxing, especially with the constant sound of water. The breakfast food was good and the lunch and dinner provided were reasonably priced. I tried one dinner and one barbeque dinner (Weekend) and most of the food was very good. There was also a very nice swimming pool and a basic and well-maintained gym. What I liked about this resort most was that it was away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre and night bazaar. Just a 10 mins tuk tuk ride or free shuttle service and we were in town. The only thing I thought was a little expensive was the spa offered at this resort. The service, facilities and ambience of the spa were outstanding but the price was still a little higher than comparable spas in the city. Otherwise, for the overall 5-star facilities and services, I would consider thiis resort value for money.

1  Thank auzag
There are newer reviews for Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed here for 7 nights with our 4 month old baby. Following on from a leak in our room we were upgraded to a villa for the duration of our stay. The villa was of very high quality with a private seating area and a huge bathroom with sunken bath tub and a separate shower cubical with enormous shower head. The bed was very large and very comfortable. Lots of free drinking water is provided.

We had many meals in the hotel, breakfast, lunch and dinner and each time the food was lovely and very reasonably priced. We also had drinks delivered to our room with no room service charge which was appreciated.

As others have mentioned the pool area is very special. There is a happy hour each afternoon with a different special each day, service can be a bit slow at this time.

The whole resort is spotlessly clean and exceptionally well maintained. The staff are all very helpfully and friendly, especially towards my baby son.

The free transfer to the markets is an added bonus, though it is easy and cheap to get around in tuk tuks or to hire a car, as we did, so that we could use our baby car seat.

We also attended the rice harvest that took place in the paddy that is part of the hotel grounds. My husband even got to have a go which he very much enjoyed.

We loved our time at this hotel and we loved change mai.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Large 5 star hotels are inclined to be impersonal and sterile places but Siripanna overcomes this with exceptionally attentive, friendly staff.

The hotel is impressive in all respects, from the beautiful architectural design to the large and comfortable rooms to the delicious food.

Complaints? Very few, this place is a class act and hard to fault. Location is the main drawback, so expect to spend $20-30 per day getting around town. But it's only ten minutes to the old town by tuk tuk anyway so not really much of an issue. The mosquitoes in the public areas are a bit of a nuisance at times. And those over enthusiastic staff keep whisking away your cutlery at breakfast - so how am I supposed to spread butter on my toast? As you can see, I'm struggling to find fault. For large hotels, especially when price is factored in, this is about as good as it gets.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank JGJSydney
Reviewed November 27, 2011

All the great things that have been said are true. I have done a lot of travel and am quite pickey about hotels. This hotel surpassed all my expectations. The pool is amazing.

I also have to suggest you try the lemongrass martini/cocktail (I forgot what they call it on the menu, butigot the recipe).

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Not going to add much to the already great reviews, but we can confirm this is an excellent hotel. We did eat in the hotel every breakfast and evening and the food very good (especially the thai dishes). The lunch menu was also brilliant value at 39 baht a dish. All staff were exceptionally polite and friendly, the hotel staff also sorted out fixing luggage that was damaged by the airline. Put your name down for the tuk tuk shuttle into town, a nice extra the hotel throws in. A really relaxing stay, which is made by the hotel and its staff.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stayed at the Siripanna from 14AUG11 to 17AUG11 and well what can I say! The resort was amazing. I was accommodated in the standard lead in room with a double bed that was big enough to fit three people comfortably. The bed itself was amazing, as you might know most hotels have harder matresses, well this one was just perfect, not too soft or hard. The linen was clean, fresh and had a comfy feel to it when you were sleeping. The room itself was immaculate and well presented. It was quite a spacious room and the bathroom being the same. The property overall was awesome, a beautiful pool with nice gardens. Wifi is available for free in the lobby and at a charge in the room. Keep in mind that the lobby is open air, so slap on some mosquito repelent just in case, however a beautiful lobby. The staff were ever so friendly, greeted you as you walked past, love the Thai hospitalilty. Breakfast at the resort is awesome, its based on Western food, which is great as I prefer a Western breakky, but it has some Asian influence there as well, I couldn't fault it. In regards to the location, it isn't as central as most properties in Chiang Mai, however a TukTuk will cost you approx 100-200baht from the centre of town, I did walk it and it takes about 20-25 mins, otherwise hire a bicycle or moped and get around like the Thais. All in all a great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Siripanna in Chiang Mai is a special place, especially for those wanting to get away and enjoy some quiet time. The staff there is first class, the facilities are incredible, the pool in unbelievable. I was fortunate enough to enjoy the Yee Ping celebration onsite with other guests, and it made for a very special evening, especially with all of the khome loi we launched from the grounds and also saw from around the City, the entertainment and cultural dancing, and the krathongs we lit and passed to the pond.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo