We just returned from Thailand after 5 nights at Ping Nakara in Chiang Mai. We booked the hotel after extensive research online, and were definitely influenced by the other great reviews on this site. I wanted to make sure I added another 5 star review for the hotel, as it's truly an amazing place. Compared to the other '5 star' locations in the city, it is small, tasteful, in a great location and the rooms are just beautiful. The attention to detail in the design of the hotel - from the rooms, the furniture, the pool area and garden - just superb. The service was still a little patchy on out visit, mainly due to language difficulties with restaurant/bar staff, but the room was faultless, the hotel immaculately clean and cared for, and I think you should get in early before it becomes the top hotel in town and the prices go up! The only tip would be to avoid Chiang Mai in March/April (something we learnt only after booking our flights) due to the ridiculous levels of smoke and smog from burn-off fires.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa