My husband and I loved our 4 night stay at the Ping Nakara. It was the perfect ending to our 3+ week vacation in SE Asia where the accommodations didn't always meet our expectations. We loved the architecture and the tasteful decor.The staff were friendly and helpful.The breakfast was comprehensive, including buffet items such as fruit, freshly-squeezed orange juice, cereal, yogurt, and pastries, including really good croissants. There were several delicious cooked-to-order items available on the menu. We loved our spacious room. It was decorated beautifully with one wall covered with hand-painted roses. We had asked for a quiet room after reading some comments about the busy street. The "rose" room was relatively quiet. It did not face the street.
The walk to the old city took us between 15 - 20 minutes. The hotel is right on the Ping river. There's an inviting cafe, the Nakara Jardin, right next door to the hotel. They serve lunch, afternoon tea, and yummy pastries. It's a lovely oasis where you can sit and enjoy views of the river. We also enjoyed dinner one night at the hotel. We hadn't planned to eat there, but the place we intended to go to was closed, so we ended up back at the hotel. The food was surprisingly good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa