Ping Nakara has been the most outstanding hotel experience. From the moment we were greeted at the airport and had a ride in the vintage Mercedes the standard was set. The ambience, attention to every detail and kind attitude of the staff was consistent across our 4 days here. I loved the swimming pool, which is an infinity edge pool. In particular I enjoyed that it is half shade by the late afternoon enabling me to keep out of the direct sun whilst swimming.
The restaurant provided great food and at surprisingly reasonable prices. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there on one day as it was just so lovely. The breakfast is plentiful. The menu provides all that most people would want but has more Asian offerings than European.
The common areas are stunning. In no way do you feel you need to be confined to your room. The library is luxurious as is the verandah areas with a chess game, antique fans and comfortable seating to while away a lazy afternoon.
The room is well appointed. The bed was a king sized, super comfortable bed. The nightly turn down service added that extra something including plug in mosquito repellent in the event that one gets in.. One never did in our stay! The room had a lovely balcony and good mood lighting. The free mini bar was a real treat! Not good for the diet though as the snacks are all not diet friendly! Some nuts / sultana mix type snacks would have been even better. Our room didn't have a couch (we were in room 301) so that was the only element that meant you had to lie on the bed to watch tv.
The hotel is in a great location, nice and close to the night bizarre and tucked away in a quiet spot. The rooms are designed to face away from the road, as is the pool, restaurant and common areas. The WiFi is excellent and covers the whole site. One issue we had was dealt with swiftly and the fix was communicated immediately to us. Amazing service!
As you can see, I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Do yourself a favour and drop the big name hotels and try Ping Nakara. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa