This boutique hotel is so good, I have been desperately searching for any small faults so I didn't look completely biased. The food, from breakfast on was just perfect. We were in Thailand for two weeks and started our trip with three nights at Ping Nakara, and we didn't find anywhere that matched the food. This included Nahm in Bangkok, which while still amazing, had attention to detail faults that Ping Nakara just didn't. The emphasis on northern Thai dishes was superb. The rooms may not be massive, but almost perfectly comfortable. The included minibar was great, and the pillows we asked for from the pillow menu were provided straight away. We selected the Chiang Mai discovery package which included two spa treatments and a delicious afternoon tea. As with other reviewers they were both superb. We also altered the deal slightly to include Patara Elephant Farm as the excursion, and this was done efficiently and without question (all via email from Australia). Oh and did I mention the airport transfer in the 50 year old Mercedes, complete with provision of a super cold bottle of water. I could go on and on, so just to mention the only small fault, the noise from the road can be a little loud because of the breezy design of the building, so ask for one of the rooms that are set back from the front (which we had). And one more hint, the in-house laundry service is a really reasonable price, and saves the sweaty smell factor being carried around in your luggage. I would love this hotel to be Chang Mai's number 1, but then it might be booked out when my husband and I go there next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa