What a lovely little place this is in the middle of a sprawling city. Very clean in Chiang Mai, which was quite a surprise.
Stayed five nights and could have stayed longer. Loved the wobbly and bouncy trip in the old Merc to/from the airport with the driver wearing a pith helmet! Perfectly located in a quiet area near the Ping river within a short walk of the old city. Breakfast was really good as were evening meals, which were very reasonably priced for a hotel, although very quiet.
Agree, some of the main staff need a little nudge in the personality stakes but perhaps due to them appearing quite young. Poolside attendance definitely needs attention as you either had to go and find someone or there was quite a delay. Plus for this price there were no extras e.g. cold towels, nibbles, service. Supposed to have a free soft drink daily but nothing ever offered. But, the ambiance of the hotel was awesome, quiet and charming plus the pool was a delight.
Room was lovely although as mentioned, strange walking in via the bathroom, but overall perfectly adequate. Lovely sitting on the balcony listening to all the birds but a shame about the local dogs barking at night in the nearby temple!
Definitely recommend to friends and would go again. Chiang Mai has a lot to do and see, so another five day stay would be great sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa