We stayed at the Ping Nakara for three nights while visiting Chiang Mai in May 2013. This hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the colonial feel started the moment we were met by the driver at the train station with the vintage car. Wifi was great in the room and although we didn't utilize the restaurant much we did do breakfast there and it was nice. We had Thai massage in the spa which was very very good and the atmosphere was relaxing and professional. The location seemed a bit off of the beaten path which in a bustling city was perfectly fine and probably a good thing.
The unfortunate part of our experience was the complete lack of personal feel on the part of the staff. Whenever we asked even basic questions about directions, restaurant recommendations, anything at all, we received a less than helpful response. They were not rude or unprofessional but simply did not go out of their way at all to give a warm, friendly, and helpful response throughout our stay. It is a stunning property but really could amp up the personal feel and service to become excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa