We usually stay at the Dhara Dhevi but in an effort to be economical gave this place a spin instead. I have to conclude that I'm really glad I did, however whether or not I'll be back will depend on economics as the Dhara Dhevi remains my favorite hotel on the planet - it is without question superb, almost flawless (location could be better) and my only criticism would be the breathtaking cost of it!!
As stated the Ping was a 'budget' option for us but the experience was far from budget. The hotel is small with large rooms and is extremely tastefully designed in a colonial style (think Raffles/Dhara Dhevi in miniature) and the staff are courteous, attentive and professional. Our second floor room was large, reasonably quiet (the hotel fronts onto a quietish road) and extremely comfortable - so much so that I de-assembled the pillow to find out what brand it was!!
Room service/restaurant are limited in the range of choice but what they do do they do exceptionally well and at a very fair price - we ordered room service with alacrity and I cannot speak highly enough of the quality of the food. Breakfast options were limited (a function of the size of the hotel) and the food took time as it was prepared to order but honestly I found it memorably good. In a rush to get out to see the elephants my ever late running wife was about to miss breakfast when one quick witted member of staff rustled up a breakfast box to go.
The Hotel is near the river (but not on it) and is within walking distance of the night market.
There is a particularly useful tour desk operator who is extremely helpful and by dint of an arrangement with the hotel vis a vis the vans well priced - the attractions of Chiang Mai are well spread out so this may well be unusually important to you.
All in all a superb experience; the only downer I can level at it is that it isn't the DD - that said the bill was nothing like the DD either (about 1/3 I reckon). In truth this is a very smart choice indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa